HP Reverb G2 worth it for Condor? Or not worth the hassle

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

roto20

HP Reverb G2 worth it for Condor? Or not worth the hassle

Post by roto20 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:34 am

Does the HP Reverb G2 wotrk reliably with condor and all the software needed to make it work? (Revive, SteamVR and WMR)

I've read reports about Revive and Steam VR not being stable. It doesn't look like the Condor developers are interested in supporting WMR based on the threads I have read in the forums. Hopefully this will come eventually.

I'm not interested in the Quest 2 as long as it requires Facebook. Spooky stories on Reddit about facebook locking users devices if they deactivate your fb account.

So for everyone who has a G2 and is using it with Condor, is it worth the effort?

H201Libelle

Re: HP Reverb G2 worth it for Condor? Or not worth the hassle

Post by H201Libelle » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:49 pm

Does the HP Reverb G2 work reliably with condor and all the software needed to make it work?

- Yes, thanks to the guide made available by Buzz77, it is a bit of a process downloading the required SW to mimic an oculus installment, but once done, it really works so fine, view quality is top-notch, really. --> https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/5JrEAIOA
-I've been flying with my HP G2 in condor for quite a time now, and so far so good. I'm building condor time basically because of this. Performance is so much better than MSFS...
I would really encourage you to give this a try. You can contact me if you have any doubts during the process.
Wishing you great flights!!

Guy757

Post by Guy757 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:10 pm

Yes, The G2 works a treat. In fact I've just set mine up again. The guide referred to previously works well.

Enjoy!

robert@luten.us

Post by robert@luten.us » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:29 pm

I'm getting ready to buy an HP Reverb G2 (to replace my Oculus Quest), but I want to review Buzz77's setup instructions. My German is not good enough to get past the German only website login page that <https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/5JrEAIOA> leads me to. Can anyone help me download the PDF?

robert@luten.us

Post by robert@luten.us » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:36 pm

I was able to get Chrome to translate the Telekom login page, so now I understand it. But I don't want to create a Telekom account. Is there another way to get the PDF file? Could someone email it to me?

Buzz77

Post by Buzz77 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:39 pm

Short answer to the question of the thread starter:

YES it is worth the hassle - in my opinion :wink:

And sorry for the download issues to get the guide. :?
Download was broken due to a rebuild of my cloud provider - which lasted much longer than announced. The old link was redirected and missleading to the general login page of the provider (- so confusing - this is Telekom :roll: ).

In the meantime the Telekom servers seem to be up and stable again - I had to create a new link and now all works fine again. :)

Here is the thread with the corrected link to the guide:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=20433#p174000

Please disregard all other older links to it in other posts!

Good luck and have fun :)

Greetings Buzz77

johnr777

Post by johnr777 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:30 am

I purchased my Reverb G2 12 months ago and had my PC upgraded with an AMD CPU and GPU.

I have spent the last 12 months waiting in the hope that I would not need to use the Reverb G2 set up option supplied by Buzz77, or I would find an alternative to Condor 2.

However, after coming to the realisation that there is no alternative to Condor 2 for gliding, and I will never go back to flying in 2D, I decided I had no choice but to implement the easy to follow instructions provided by Buzz77 for setting up the Reverb G2 in Condor 2.

I have been involved in flight simulators for years and have acquired some rudimentary computer skills , but in no way do I claim to be more than moderately proficient with computers.

My approach to solving computer related issues is to do my research, be very patient and never give up. Usually after many, many failures I manage to stumble on the solution.

For anyone thinking of getting a Reverb G2 for Condor 2, but is not confident they have the computer skills to implement the work around solution provided by Buzz77, maybe my experiences will be helpful when making your decision.

To Buzz77 I thank you for your excellent instructions to setting up a Reverb G2 in Condor 2.

Cheers

k6chris

Post by k6chris » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:45 am

Out of interest, is the G2 significantly better than the Quest 2??

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:25 am

Significantly yes, but not so much...