How to adjust my position in the Cockpit while using VR

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

alpac

How to adjust my position in the Cockpit while using VR

Post by alpac » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:47 pm

May be a dumb question but is there a way to set up the default seating position in the cockpit when using the Oculus Rift S? By default my seating position is too far back and I can see my own body and the belt around it from behind like if I was outside of my own body, that is weird :) I need to physically move myself forward at the edge to my seat to be in the right pilot position so I assume this can be adjusted somehow.
Thanks

wickid

Re: How to adjust my position in the Cockpit while using VR

Post by wickid » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:59 am

Num 5 on the keypad resets the view. Lean back a bit, press 5 and then sit upright in your normal position.
PH-1504, KOE

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:55 am

Hi alpac,

I fly Condor with a Quest2. I had assigned a dedicated button on my joystick.

Just open "Input" in "Set up" Window of Condor 2. Press "Assign Controls" Button and go to "View reset" line/row.

Double click on the second Button/Axis column, in the same row, the assigned key : 5 (Pave Num.). A greyed "Press a key/button" is displayed. Press a button of your joystick. The "Button/Axis" column is displayed with the button number of your device. The device column is also change to your device name. Press OK to close the window.

Then when flying apply the wickid method and press the assigned button.

Note that you can assign quite all the Condor2s' controls on your device with that method.

That's all folk.
*****- Xavier - (XDL - VR FAN) *****

alpac

Post by alpac » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:14 pm

Thank you folks