Run Condor2 with VR Oc.quest and link cable

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Bre901

Re: Run Condor2 with VR Oc.quest and link cable

Post by Bre901 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:59 pm

As you don't need the view control keys in VR, you could assign the essential commands to numerical keypad keys which would be easier to remember (and possibly purchase a separate numpad and place it close to your left hand if you are right-handed)
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:24 pm

That’s a good idea.

Condor Competition ID - TK2

ryanwoodie

Post by ryanwoodie » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:31 am

I made an autohotkey script to use the left oculus controller to send a bunch of different buttons and axes to Vjoy. These can then be assigned as controls in Condor. For example, I map the PDA next page and zoom to the thumbstick, and used a pitch axis for flaps. Using the grip or index triggers as modifiers, it allows many more possible button outputs than physically on the controllers. https://github.com/ryanwoodie/oculus_touch_to_vjoy_AHK

FlyingMan

Post by FlyingMan » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:11 am

thru wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:40 pm
I have bought now a quest2.

Until step8/, everything is ok.
In step 8/, when I press the virt.desktop button, I can see just a black rectangle, but not the content of my laptop desktop.
With the app virtual desktop, I have bought, I can see now in the headset my laptop desktop.

Step 3/ is ok, in setup - graph. - VR is on.

When I start a free flight, after the flight planner settings, just at the end when i press start flight, still the message on the laptop display:
Error initializing Direct3D. Check setup -> Video options.
For further details, please read Condor manual about setting up your hardware.

At the same time, in the VR headset, there is displayed the Condor-icon in the middle, very large and at the bottom
"is loading ...", but nothing happens.

Hello thru,
I have the same problem. Did you already find a solution?

Joost2

Post by Joost2 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:11 am

Just to be sure: are you running the Oculus app? If not, you always get that error.

FlyingMan

Post by FlyingMan » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:12 pm

Thank you Joost2 for trying to help me.

I found the solution: in my Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 (AMD Ryzen 9 and GeForce RTX 2060 max Q with 6 GB) the program Condor 2 didn't use the GPU only the integrated graphics of the Ryzen. I now forced in the Nvidia Setup all programs to use the RTX GPU - and now it works perfectly!
I've spent so many hours testing out Steam VR / Revive and other things - and the solution was so simple.

It's really impressive in VR - no comparison to the flat screen.

Joost2

Post by Joost2 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:48 pm

Good you found and shared the solution!
I have the same videocard (and vr-set), Never had problems with is, just installed the Occulus app and it worked. Together with the Microsoft sidewinder ffb2 I found last week it really is amazing!

thru

Post by thru » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:50 am

Hello Flying Man
No, I have still the problem. I spent xxx hours and wanted now to resell the VR.

Wouhh, sounds easy and I am very interested!!! I am Swiss German and not very good in English and IT, sorry.
What did you change exactly in Nvidia Setup and in which menu exactly?

Is it in Nvidia Systemsteuerung, 3D-Einstellungen, Surround, PhysX konfigurieren, PhysX-Einstellungen ->Prozessor ?
There: Automatische Auswahl is selected, and I could change to GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU ?

You mentioned something like where you can select and clear certain programs .
I could not find any setting menues where I could change something like that..

Thank you so much!
BR

FlyingMan

Post by FlyingMan » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:47 pm

thru wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:50 am
Hello Flying Man
No, I have still the problem. I spent xxx hours and wanted now to resell the VR.

Wouhh, sounds easy and I am very interested!!! I am Swiss German and not very good in English and IT, sorry.
What did you change exactly in Nvidia Setup and in which menu exactly?

Is it in Nvidia Systemsteuerung, 3D-Einstellungen, Surround, PhysX konfigurieren, PhysX-Einstellungen ->Prozessor ?
There: Automatische Auswahl is selected, and I could change to GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU ?

You mentioned something like where you can select and clear certain programs .
I could not find any setting menues where I could change something like that..

Thank you so much!
BR
Hallo BR,

I'm from Bavaria so I can explain it a few sentences in German - I hope this is ok for the board.

Mich hatte schon gewundert, dass Condor 2 im Setup eine Warnung ausgibt, weil nur 500 MB Grafikspeicher erkannt werden - das hätte mich schon stutzig machen müssen. Die Einstellungen habe ich vorgenommen in Nvidia Systemsteuerung / 3D-Einstellungen verwalten. Hier kann man auf dem rechten Reiter Programmeinstellungen auswählen, welches Programm welchen Grafikprozessor verwenden soll. Ich habe es mir aber leicht gemacht und auf dem linken Reiter Globale Einstellung den bevorzugten Grafikprozesser von Automatische Auswahl geändert auf Nvidia Hochleistungsprozessor. Zusätzlich habe ich dann noch in der Liste der Einstellungen bei OpenGL verarbeitende GPU umgestellt von Automatische Auswahl auf GeForce RTX. Ich hoffe, das hilft. Wenn nicht, dann gerne nochmal melden!

Viele Grüße und viel Erfolg!! :-)

thru

Post by thru » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:39 pm

Super, danke, ich schicke dir eine PN

thru

Post by thru » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:58 pm

Thank you.
I will change, test and then give feedback to community in the thread.

thru

Post by thru » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:38 pm

Yes, I could test it, with the new settings of the graphic card, it is working now!
Thank you and best regards

superfasteagle

Post by superfasteagle » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:02 pm

Thank you for the assistance in this forum of achieving my VR setup! I have returned to Condor after 10 years now that I heard that VR is supported.
Just now I had my first flight in Condor 2 with Oculus Quest 2 - Oh My God!! Its amazing, like actually being in the glider - so much more than on a PC screen, just incredible. All Condor settings set to maximum realism. At the moment an occasional stutter connecting via Air Link with PC on LAN and headset on Wifi, but I have ordered a 5m link cable for £20 to solve that.

For info my setup is:
Windows 10 Pro 64
Intel i7-4930 3,4 GHz
32 Gb RAM
250GB SSD system disk
2TB storage disk
NVIDEA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (bought on eBay for £168) - you MUST check compatibility on Quest website.
Meta Oculus Quest 2 headset
Condor 2 installed
Oculus Quest PC app installed

I'm now going to install scenery AA2 v0.10 to have some more fun!!
Thank you Condor team - its good to be back!! :D :D :D :D