Condor 2 VR wireless with Oculus Go/Quest

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Vas

Condor 2 VR wireless with Oculus Go/Quest

Post by Vas » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:57 pm

If you wish to use Condor 2 with a wireless Oculus headset, I hope the following will help. I've spent a considerable amount of time getting it to work as smoothly as possible, with indirect assistance from many unnamed sources on this forum and elsewhere, so I figured it's time to pay it forward. Other than a long a USB cable for a joystick/rudder pedals, the benefits of this configuration are that you are no longer "tethered" to your desktop, which can be completely headless (no monitor).

Prerequisites

- Virtual Desktop app on Oculus Go/Quest with VR enabled through SideQuest.
- Virtual Desktop Streamer App software on Windows system (https://www.vrdesktop.net).
- Create a desktop shortcut for Condor to be launched through Revive injector. (ex. desktop shortcut "Target" property)

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Revive\Revive\x86\ReviveInjector.exe" "C:\Condor2\Condor.exe"
As of today (2021-02-21), the following versions of OS/software are confirmed to be working.

- Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit (20H2 build 19042.804)
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB) using 461.09 drivers
- Oculus App version 25.0.0.57.658
- LibreVR/Revive 1.9.2
- Steam build Feb 12 2021, at 15:23:44, API v020, package version 1613176728
- SteamVR 1.15.19

For full disclosure, although it shouldn't have any bearing on functionality, the above mentioned Windows system is a virtual Windows guest, running on Debian Linux host using KVM/PCI passthrough.

Launching Condor in VR

1. Connect to Windows system through Virtual Desktop (Oculus).
  2. If SteamVR is not running, launch it (either through the Virtual Desktop menu or desktop). It must be fully up and running, otherwise Condor will throw an error. I suspect this is due to a timing issue, as SteamVR takes considerable amount of time to fully launch.
  3. Launch Condor through ReviveInjector.exe desktop shortcut (mentioned above under prerequisites).
  4. Enable (checkbox) VR in Condor -> Setup -> Graphics -> Setup VR -> Oculus Rift.
  5. Launch flight and wait for vario sound, after Condor initializes the flight. It's likely you'll be viewing the Windows desktop, so "Switch to VR" in the Virtual Desktop menu (ex. short press "arrow" button on Oculus Go controller).
At this point, you should be able to proceed with your flight.

Restarting or ending a flight

• Select "Switch to Desktop" in the Virtual Desktop (Oculus) menu using the Oculus controller.
  • Tap and hold (long press Oculus controller trigger button) "Condor 2" icon in Windows taskbar, and select "Close window", basically an equivalent to mouse/touchpad right-click.
  • From the menu select what action you wish to proceed with (ex. "Refly").
That's all there is to it. I can provide specific screenshots, although I am not sure if they would be of any assistance.

As for performance, over the past couple years I've used Condor 2 with HTC Vive and Oculus Rift S, and haven't noticed any significant difference between the wired headsets and the wireless configuration. The only downside is that an hour and a half into the flight, the headset suddenly shuts itself down, because the battery is about to die, but that's another topic.

Enjoy!

Oldsoar

Re: Condor 2 VR wireless with Oculus Go/Quest

Post by Oldsoar » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:54 am

Thanks for these instructions, but I need more help
Eg . Where do I type in the code,
is that in the Revive thing you mentioned in the Virtual Desktop Streamer app you say to install in Win10?

( is this code a location of Condor2 on the computer)

Regards…. Maury Gault

Vas

Post by Vas » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:47 am

The Revive launch code is in reference to a Windows desktop shortcut, however, the same thing can also be accomplished from a command prompt (cmd) or PowerShell.

There are two sections to the code, one is pointing to the Revive executable (reviveinjector.exe):

"C:\Program Files\Revive\Revive\x86\ReviveInjector.exe"
and the other pointing to location of Condor executable (condor.exe):

"C:\Condor2\Condor.exe"
When used together, they will accomplish injecting Condor executable into the Revive launcher:

"C:\Program Files\Revive\Revive\x86\ReviveInjector.exe" "C:\Condor2\Condor.exe"
I should also note that both are just examples, since install location may vary from system to system.

Mas

Post by Mas » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:00 am

Just enable Oculus Air LInk in the Quest 2 settings , and the settings /Beta tab in Oculus desktop app. ( make sure the PC app and Quest are fully updated ) In the Desktop app devices tab you can choose your headset refresh rate and resolution setting .. Works for me flawlessly for Condor - literally just a few mouse clicks. Make sure you have a good 5ghz wifi with the pC connected to the router by ethernet cable .

Oldsoar

Post by Oldsoar » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:46 am

Thank Mas,
but i am a long way from the router, and don't know how to get to Quest2 settings.
I have set up the programs and the Revive shortcut which Vas suggested, and see my PC screen through VR, with the shortcut, but Condor2 will not start up .
Any suggestions?
NB. my son has his Xbox connected to the route via a mains plug in system which gives an ethernet hardwire, should I do the same?

Mas

Post by Mas » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:48 am

HI , Have you got the VR checkbox enabled in Condor settings ?
You might have to run an ethernet cable temporarily to the PC if you want good texture quality . Or just use the Link cable and don't worry about wireless VR .

Kitka

Post by Kitka » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:30 pm

Hi,

I seem to be having the same issue with the shortcut. I have created it on desktop, it even has the Revive logo, however, when I launch it, the command prompt pops up for a second, disappears and nothing happens then.. I tried launching it as admin, but no luck.. I`m running the latest Revive Version 2.1.1.

keithb77

Post by keithb77 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:52 pm

I've been using Condor and Quest 2 very happily using Airlink but two days ago airlink stopped working (for everything) and doesn't seem to be fixable :(
So I've reverted to Virtual Desktop which works well for everything except Condor.
For Condor I need to use ReviveInjector but I've tried every which way and none work - error message is "unable to start condor.exe" or similar.
SteamVR is running but no joy.
Is anyone still using ReviveInjector for Condor (on the Revive Discord the developer says he has stopped developing Revive) ?

keithb77

Post by keithb77 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:51 pm

It looks like the latest version of Revive doesn't work with Condor, deleting and installing version 1.9.2 (as recommended above :) ) fixes it.
Note that the file structure is different for 1.9.2 - the Injector is in a subfolder - than for 2.1.1 so need to change shortcuts.

JLN

Post by JLN » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:00 pm

I fly with the Quest 2 using steamvr and revive dashboard.
Works very well and very smoothly.
my version of Revive is 1.8.0.6
Regards