Nvidia graphic card setting for VR,

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

cvvs

Nvidia graphic card setting for VR,

Post by cvvs » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:39 am

Hello,
I'm digging through an old article, so the last article is from 2010.
Since 2021, many people have been using virtual reality with an occulus headset.
On the other hand, I am surprised that we never directly discuss the settings of Nvidia cards and to see how the different elements of your graphics cards are adjusted for your glasses occulus.
Your settings screens would be the best.
I know in any case for other simulators like the new opus flight simulator, that adjusting the Nvidia graphics card according to the parameters indicated can make all the difference.

Thanks to those with small graphics cards like me GTX1060 Max-Q, for sharing your Nvidia settings for virtual reality.

GlenBecker

Re: Nvidia graphic card setting for VR,

Post by GlenBecker » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:04 pm

Here is mine. I haven't changed much, and what I did adjust was driven by getting max performance from iRacing. Maybe the gains crossover to Condor?
My specs:
i7-10700K @ 5.1ghz
GTX 1060 6gb
Reverb G2

Here's what I changed from default:
Antialiasing - Transparency > Multisample
Power Management Mode > Prefer max performance
Texture Filtering - Quality > High Performance
Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames > 2

I haven't tested/vetted these individually, just blindly followed the guidance, and have had good results.

Reference from the iRacing forum post:
AA Transparency
Try change this from off to either multisample or supersample 2x and no more for reducing shimmering from antialiasing. This stop edges on semi-transparent parts of the scene like fences, track lines trees etc. and it works great but is very costly on the GPU. Multisample is nicer on our system and can be a choice of happy medium but if we increase the pixel density we should just disable this entirely and leave it default or we will fry our computer.

Power management mode
Change from Optimal power to Prefer maximum performance, this locks the GPU into a higher voltage and higher clock state and will not lower itself into idle or a low power mode during racing. We want the best performance available to eliminate random frame rate dips.

Texture Filtering
Change from Quality to Performance or High performance as we won't notice the difference in VR and it will buy us some free resources.

Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames
Set this to either 2 or 3 instead of 1, this has the impact of much faster rendering and really smoothing of the image and scene in VR. There is some added latency which is a bad thing but not something we will notice too much when racing and this is definitely a good setting to try out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cvvs

Re: Nvidia graphic card setting for VR,

Post by cvvs » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:01 pm

Thanks Glenn, i will test