OpenXR Now That Oculus Requires Facebook Account?

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Alterscape

Re: OpenXR Now That Oculus Requires Facebook Account?

Post by Alterscape » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:14 pm

+1 for OpenXR -- I'm a Vive/Vive Pro user, I loved the original Condor, but I would prefer not to install the Oculus runtime, even for use through Revive. I have not purchased Condor 2 and will not until a non-Oculus VR platform is supported!

Buzz77

Post by Buzz77 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:14 pm

I am flying Condor for more than a decade and now I just want to fly in VR. I bought a HP Reverb G2, because I won´t be forced to use a Facebook or other "Zuckerberg-Account" like Occulus. So a Quest2 or Rift S is absolutely no go for me.

Setting up the HP G2 and other "non Occulus" VR-headsets is a hazzle with Condor2 at this time, and will discourage many people from using VR with Condor2 in the future - or even from buying Condor2 at all!
So please, please implement direkt support for non-Occulus headsets and without account-issues. If OpenXR is a solution for this it will be great!

Gunth3r

Post by Gunth3r » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:30 pm

Alterscape wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:14 pm
+1 for OpenXR -- I'm a Vive/Vive Pro user, I loved the original Condor, but I would prefer not to install the Oculus runtime, even for use through Revive. I have not purchased Condor 2 and will not until a non-Oculus VR platform is supported!
+1 for OpenXR. I'm a former Oculus user. Now Reverb G2. I've deleted all the facebook (Oculus) stuff off my pc. Hoping to use Condor again in the future... non facebook.

TheGreatCabbage2

Post by TheGreatCabbage2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:26 pm

+1, please use OpenXR.

I developed the Condor Revive Helper but I would prefer a much more robust solution, and one that is completely free of Facebook!

alioth

Post by alioth » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:25 pm

+1 openXR.

I am new at VR, with hp reverb g2.
Setting up all the system to make condor works with hp reverb g2 has been really a nightmare.

p3d or fs2020 is just one click trouble free setup.

Mutex

Post by Mutex » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:37 pm

I have a G2 and I was looking forward to purchase Condor 2. But the jungle of apps I would have to install just to make it work with the Oculus API, besides anything related to Facebook being a no-go for me, prevents me from going forward with it.

I will probably check here again when OpenXR is supported.

cbrunschen

Post by cbrunschen » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:26 pm

OXO wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:11 pm
We don't want to use an API which is not mature or has missing support.

When its ready, so will we be.
OpenXR is ready and fully supported in the latest SteamVR release.

staslos

Post by staslos » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:07 pm

Bumping up https://www.roadtovr.com/steamvr-update ... penxr-1-0/

I use my Oculus Rift with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 via OpenXR. It’s as simple as pressing Ctrl+Tab.

Now SteamVR fully supports OpenXR too. All three major platforms on-board with it. Time for Condor too?

Rix71

Post by Rix71 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:32 pm

Definitely a +1 from me on this. I upgraded to a Reverb G2 from a Rift S back in November and haven't flown Condor since.

Jim610

Post by Jim610 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:02 am

I have also upgraded to ReverbG2 and having read the ridiculous faff to work around and get it working in Condor then I will not be flying Condor until they make a better effort of supporting WMR HMDs. Every other flight sim title I own supports either SteamVR or OpenXR and work seamlessly so to claim "We don't want to use an API which is not mature or has missing support." isn't a credible argument IMHO.

Bye Condor, it was fun while it lasted.

Wichow

Post by Wichow » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:17 am

Dear Condor Team

I have bought twice the Condor program boxed DVD V1 and digital V2 versions, please commit to your customers and update native VR support to WMR, I already have a Reverb G2 and I do not want to install in my computer any thin related to Facebook.

Thanks in advance.

JRM

Rühmann

Post by Rühmann » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:12 pm

I don't know the reasons, why C2 is (after many months) still not working with OpenXR.
I hate to say it, because I realy loved playing C2 with my Pimax, but it looks like Condor is missing the train.
It´s a pitty - honestly a shame....

Bye-bye Condor.

Krankenstein

Post by Krankenstein » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:33 pm

I have bought the Condor 2 just recently and would like to also request support for OpenXR. I use a Valve Index. The sim experience is completely different with VR. I tried to reactivate my old facebook account (which I disabled seven years ago) but very nicely Facebook just informed me that I do not meet "community standards". Which is good to know because that tells me I cannot buy an Oculus VR headset ever.

So until OpenXR is available for Condor 2 I will revert back to playing with MS Flight Sim 2020 (and hopefully someone will add sailplanes to that sim soonish). Currently I just feel I wasted some money on Condor 2.

Here's to hoping for improved VR support!

El Sid

Post by El Sid » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:18 pm

I created an account here solely to beg for native OpenXR support in Condor 2.

I can no longer fly gliders solo, due to a medical condition and so have to rely on r/c model gliders and flight sims. I have recently bought a Reverb G2, which I use in Microsoft Flight Simulator and other flights sims and the experience is so much better than flying on a monitor or even my 55" 3D TV with TrackIR, that I will never go back to flight sims such as Condor without Virtual Reality.

Condor 2 gave me many happy hours, back in the seat of a glide chasing thermals, but without easy to connect VR using OpenXR I will never return, or recommend it to any of my friends.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:50 pm

I have already said we will be doing this, posting more requests won't affect it. Please remember that VR users are < 20% of Condor users, and probably much less than that.

We are currently working on some big new features and improvements to Condor, which are more important for the 80% of users.

OpenXR will come, but you must be patient.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team