OpenXR Now That Oculus Requires Facebook Account?

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Rühmann

Re: OpenXR Now That Oculus Requires Facebook Account?

Post by Rühmann » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:13 pm

in the same boat..

i don't know if it's because of my age, but i don't waste precious life time waiting anymore!

it is not understandable why the vr wish of so many Condor users is ignored for years!
I will no longer participate in this ignorance!
Sure there are still many "Condor fan boys" for a while, but they will be less in the future.

I bought MFS today:
the Pimax VR works and so does the motion seat! I am thrilled!
Sure there is still a lot to improve, but MFS is already worlds better - not only in sound and graphics!

Sleep tight, Condor-Devs - I'm out ... and have fun → somewhere else! ;)

lordauriel

Post by lordauriel » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:30 pm

hah there I was minding my own business when suddenly this annoying and intrusive pop=up started to show up. "you now require a META account to keep using your oculus software". I clicked it away. it came back immediately. I quit the process via task manager. It immediately popped back up. Well, the story ended here. uninstall that unbearable piece of spyware.
This decision is final. i HATE meta, and I wouldnt even need oculusu kit. I have a Reverb G2.
Unfortunately, the only reason why I bought it, was Condor V2, and the only way to make it work was with i dont even remember. Re-vive, Ocuilus software, some other hack, and somehow it worked with Condor. Until now.
See the problem?

There is now no way I can possibly use this headset with condor. SAD.

Jim610

Post by Jim610 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:12 pm

OXO wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:50 pm
I have already said we will be doing this, posting more requests won't affect it. Please remember that VR users are < 20% of Condor users, and probably much less than that.

We are currently working on some big new features and improvements to Condor, which are more important for the 80% of users.

OpenXR will come, but you must be patient.
I keep sticking my nose in, in the hope that there is news. 2 years after the above quote and no evidence of progress. Patients is limited!

Just tell us, is this project dead?

Kaibeth

Post by Kaibeth » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:11 pm

Likely in Condor 3.
Postojna is no longer a pain in my empennage. :mrgreen:

Jim610

Post by Jim610 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:21 pm

Kaibeth wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:11 pm
Likely in Condor 3.
Likely!

You'd think after 2 years of silence there would be some info from the Devs. But, nada.

The rate that MSFS is adding features Condor might find itself irrelivent in the future if they don't keep people engaged.

Just saying!

Kaibeth

Post by Kaibeth » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:41 pm

Not to swing the conversation off-topic, I will say that, for my needs, every time MSFS updates, it gets worse. Helicopters were a disaster upon release, and gliding without complex addons is untenable.

Condor for me.

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:06 pm

Ive just purchased a second hand Quest 2, I have downloaded Oculus and Open XR for DCS world......I have not signed up for any Facebook?
I open Oculus put on the Goggles start Condor and it switches over to it full screen. In the latest version, Oculus grabs the Open XR link. see image below.
I cannot however get properly clear images, I run i710700 processors and an RTX 2060 super 32G DDR4 ram. Its useable but lacking currently.
DCS World is a nightmare to get VR results presently as they have just released a Multithreading update.
Regards
MikeM
image0.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kaibeth

Post by Kaibeth » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:03 pm

It doesn't require a Facebook account any more. It requires a Meta account now.

I'm gonna be pretty piffed off if it turns out you can run a Q2 without that account either.

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:26 am

Just for clarity for others, Although the Quest 2 will attempt to launch Condor, you have to lift the goggles up to go through the "procedure" of Task selection, Aircraft selection, etc ,etc. Then click Fly.
Its at this point that the Quest takes over the program.
I'm currently getting 119 fps.
Its a nice interface from Condor in the cockpit too with FPS display (Shift + D), Notifications etc.

Regards
MikeM

Kaibeth

Post by Kaibeth » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:25 am

I don’t have to lift my goggles. Oculus dash has a “view your monitor” option and I work all that in the headset.