Condor 2 and Windows Mixed Reality Problem; need Help

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

wernerborn

Condor 2 and Windows Mixed Reality Problem; need Help

Post by wernerborn » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:40 pm

Hello everybody,
I have been trying unsuccessfully for a week to get my Samsung Odyssey + / Windows Mixed Reality running with Condor2.
I have tried different versions of Revive to no avail. Likewise also the Revive helper, unfortunately everything without success. Unfortunately I am not very familiar with Revive, Condor2, SteamVR etc.
It is probably either due to an incompatible Revive version or I am not starting the various programs correctly.
Or it is simply because of my inability.
Whatever. I researched YouTube videos for hours and searched various forums. But I'm not getting anywhere!
It would be really great if one of the experienced WMR users took pity on me and took my wings step by step.
Also with remote access if necessary.
Unfortunately I am not overpowering the English language, I come from the German-speaking area.
Anyway, maybe with this posting I will finally be able to enjoy Condor 2 virtually.
It is not because of my PC, all games, also all VR games run otherwise perfectly.
So, give yourself a jerk and take the time to help me. I don't want to stress, everything in its time.
Still I hope for help.
It greets you
Werner

sisu1a

Re: Condor 2 and Windows Mixed Reality Problem; need Help

Post by sisu1a » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:57 am

What might not be apparent, is you need to use a version of reVive no newer than 1.9.2 or it will not work. Also in one of the recent updates if you have Antialiasing enabled it will not render on the screen so it needs to be disabled in the options menu in Condor.

wernerborn

Post by wernerborn » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:51 am

Can you please describe to me exactly how and in which order I have to start Condor2-exe, Revive, SteamVR in order to switch to VR mode?
For example, also not clear whether and how and when I have to start Revive's 'inject', what exactly where to click?
By the way, is it important if Revive and Condor 2 are installed in a different drive?

A detailed description of how to start VR with the WMR would help me a lot. As I said, I don't know my way around and can't get anywhere. For example, on the Internet and YouTube. Procedures described with old Revive versions that do not help me.
Hope to get help here. It is simply difficult to get accurate information on the subject.

Thanks for every input and effort to help me!
Werner

wernerborn

Post by wernerborn » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:46 pm

Hello,
I finally got it right, Condor 2 runs with my WMR glasses from Samsung Odyssey +

The following instructions are followed exactly by AlexH »Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:19 pm in the thread: HTC Vive: Error initializing Direct3D;

Hi,

I only got VR headset for Condor sim. I got Condor to work with VR on the HTC Vive without too much trouble. I followed the manual. The only thing that took me a few minutes was how to inject Condor with Revive as I have never done this before.

When you have followed all the below instructions from the manual, restart computer, make sure the HTC Vive and light houses and plugged in, start SteamVR, headset and lighthouses should be green/ready in SteamVR. In the bottom right you should get Revive icon, right click on revive, select inject, select Condor.exe, in setup make sure you ticked Oculus Rift, MSAA disabled, start freeflight or multiplayer, select Start flight, put on headset and enjoy!

Hope this helps.

HTC Vive
Similarly, the Rift website has a system check app. Go to https://www.vive.com

To use Vive with Condor you must use the Revive compatability layer app available from https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive

Installation steps:

Install SteamVR (which Vive users will have anyway)
Install Oculus Home without doing initial setup
Install Revive
Install Condor and copy the content of Revive\Revive folder into Condor folder (x86 and x64 Revive injectors and their related folders)
The first three steps are the usual Revive install routine, unrelated to Condor.

To run Condor 2:

Start SteamVR
In the SteamVR dashboard pick the Revive tab
Drag and drop Condor 2 to ReviveInjector_x64.exe (we have 64bit machine/OS)
Fly
Note: It may be required to set MSAA to zero for Vive.

My revive version is: 1.8.0
My SteamVR-version is:beta

Nicht vergessen in den Einstellungen Von Condor 2 die VR-Option (Rift) zu aktivieren und kein MSAA (Antialiasing) zu verwenden

Viel Spass mit der WMR-Brille in Condor 2!!! :D :D :D

wernerborn

Post by wernerborn » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:51 pm

However, I have not downloaded and installed a system check app from the rif page. I also haven't downloaded and installed the Revive Compatability Layer app. (Applies to my Samung Odyssey +)!