Oculus Rift S available Best Buy USA: May 6th 2020

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

dan73boat

Oculus Rift S available Best Buy USA: May 6th 2020

Post by dan73boat » Fri May 08, 2020 3:50 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Condor 2, but I'm enjoying in very much. I have been staging my integration. First I flew with mouse, then logitech joystick (which was malfunctioning) then MSFF 2 (which is wonderful), and then Saitek rudder pedals. The next step was the Oculus Rift S. and then likely XCsoar.

The Oculus Rift S has been unavailable because of Covid 19. Two days ago I received an email from BestBuy (Electronics store in the USA) that it was available. I immediately logged on and it was sold out. I did some investigating and apparently they manually load the units into the system one at a time. If you keep clicking 'refresh" eventually you will be able to put it into your cart. Then you must very quickly checkout. If you hit "checkout" and it says "item is not available," do not push check out again, click "the shopping cart icon" and then click check out. Eventually, it will say that you were successful. DO NOT PUSH CHECK OUT TWICE IN SUCCESSION OR THE ITEM WILL BE DELETED FROM YOUR SHOPPING CART.

It took me 3 tries over two days to eventually have success. I am scheduled to pick it up next week. As an aside I ordered the oculus rift s instead of the quest because the rift s is lighter.

I hope this helps some people

Dan

Bluejet

Re: Oculus Rift S available Best Buy USA: May 6th 2020

Post by Bluejet » Sat May 09, 2020 7:43 pm

You're going to love VR in Condor2!

dan73boat

Post by dan73boat » Mon May 11, 2020 9:56 pm

Thanks for the positive note!
I just picked it up today. They said they haven't seen any in months.
Hope to get it up and running later this week.

dan73boat

Post by dan73boat » Thu May 14, 2020 4:34 pm

It's amazing! So glad I went the VR route.