reVive issues with Index

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

sisu1a

reVive issues with Index

Post by sisu1a » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:24 am

Can't figure out what's going on and was hoping someone here could help. I have an Index and previously had no problem running Condor with reVive but it is no longer working, even on the installation of reVive it used to work with. I'm using version 1.9.2 and had the same results with 1.9.1. I've tried using the reVive helper tool (fantastic tool btw) and get the same result as manually injecting.

When I load a flight, it doesn't render on the hmd screens. The audio is working and the gate timer is visible counting down inside the hmd but the screen is otherwise black. When I access my desktop through the dashboard I can see the game is picking up the head tracking and showing the correct rendered view mirrored to the monitor but the hmd screens remain dark.

I was using the beta version of SteamVR but have switched back to the normal release and the results are the same. My Condor installation is up to date, as is Win10.

Wadsworth

Re: reVive issues with Index

Post by Wadsworth » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:59 am

I had this happen to me once and it turns out the clock had somehow gotten switched 12hrs off. It was totally black because it was midnight.
Good luck.

bgey

Post by bgey » Fri May 01, 2020 7:28 pm

Ran into an issue when setting this up yesterday as well. Searching the internet provided the solution for me: use version 1.8 of revive!
CN: BG1
Reg: OO-EBP

robin00795

Post by robin00795 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 am

hey , just bought the game and had this issue , you have to disable msaa or sumpersampling in video setting that thing who goes x2/x4/x8 , haha no its not night time x)

SootyJohn

Post by SootyJohn » Thu May 07, 2020 11:08 am

Im still struggling to get condor into Revive, right clicking the triangle doesn't bring up inject. I have switched to admin, I've been into properties too.
You all make this sound really easy, I have to say that it isn't.

SootyJohn

Post by SootyJohn » Thu May 07, 2020 11:15 am

I have downloaded Revive 2.0.0 is that the problem?

robin00795

Post by robin00795 » Thu May 07, 2020 3:10 pm

yes you need to download previous version , this one just dont work ^^ , I highly recommend you download condor 2 revive helper on this forum , you just click it and it launch the game on vr after you pass the main menu

sisu1a

Post by sisu1a » Fri May 08, 2020 2:40 am

robin00795 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 am
hey , just bought the game and had this issue , you have to disable msaa or sumpersampling in video setting that thing who goes x2/x4/x8 , haha no its not night time x)
Heh thanks, I saw your Reverb post right before you posted this and had already tested it and low and that was indeed the issue. Very glad to have it resolved either way, now I hope we can get the devs to fix whatever was broken that made MSAA stop working... when I was using it last with my Index successfully I had it on 8x. With it disabled the shimmering is distracting so in the meantime I'm trying to compensate using supersampling and running AA in Nvidia control panel.

Thanks all for the replies and insights all around.

Tnash

Post by Tnash » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:09 pm

I have a vice pro2 and have followed the steps above. With revive 1.9.2 I get a D3dx.dll not found error. The issue seems to be that the earlier version of revive is not compatible with the current version of DirectX. Nothing surprising there but really annoying. The sooner Condors is made steam compatible the better.