Condor 2 VR Crash after few minutes of flying

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

wickid

Re: Condor 2 VR Crash after few minutes of flying

Post by wickid » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:39 pm

Doron Neumann wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:38 pm
Tried to fly on a different landscape (AlpSud) and it did not crash.
Maybe it has something to do with the AA2 landscap specificaly.
I am downloading the big patch that was released for AA2, will try again and report
Doron
It is the size of AA2 that can cause memory issues. As Condor is a 32 bit application it can only access a certain amount of RAM even if the PC has more. Because AA2 has a large PDA map that fills quite a bit of RAM it can cause issues with VR and max settings. It has been discussed before in various posts.
PH-1504, KOE

CamTheJeweler

Post by CamTheJeweler » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:42 am

CamTheJeweler wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:36 pm
Has anyone figured out how to resolve this Condor 2 VR crashing issue?

I just bought an Oculus Quest and DOF motion Sim for Condor 2, but can not soar for more than 10-15min max. The crashing does not happen in Desktop mode.
Just an update. I purchased a USB 3 cable for my Oculus Quest, and I have not had any more crashing. Condor 2 in VR appears stable. Side note, I am just setting Condor 2 to VR mode and starting Condor 2. It automatically comes up in the Headset whereas before, I was using Revive injection and that could also have been responsible for the instability initially.

I wish everyone gets their version stable! It is an amazing software :D

navyav8er

Post by navyav8er » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:13 am

Mine has been running fine using the method I posted above, but last night I had started my third free-flight session (without restarting revive) and my Vive image froze. I could hear in the audio that I was still soaring, so I hit the "view reset" key (number pad 5) and it fixed everything and I kept flying. Might try that if yours freezes and see if it'll get you back into the flight.