Help! Revive has gone all different and doesn't work!

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Tobster

Help! Revive has gone all different and doesn't work!

Post by Tobster » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:47 pm

I have a Valve Index. I've just done a Windows 10 reinstall. Before this, Condor via Revive was working about 70% (quite a lot of crashes, but managed to finish most of the ~150-200k online tasks my lot play each week).

I've just installed the latest Revive; it doesn't work, and the injector is different (it no longer has the x64 and x86 folders, just a big pile of dlls spaffed in the installation directory, and an xinput folder containing x64 and x86 folders, each with one dll).

So it no longer matches Condor's Revive instructions.

Sledgehammer to crack a nut, copying the whole lot into the Condor installation directory (which is what the instructions basically amount to anyway) doesn't work; when attempting to launch Condor via the Revive injector nothing happens at all.

Has anyone managed to get Condor working with Revive V2.0+?

cyberpanic

Re: Help! Revive has gone all different and doesn't work!

Post by cyberpanic » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:21 pm

I can confirm that an update to the current Revive 2.0 is not a good idea up to now.
Reinstalling Revive v1.9.2 reverts back to the old behavoiur. Simply install it over the newer version helped for me.

Tobster

Post by Tobster » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:13 pm

Confirmed, using V1.9.2 seems to be the best way forward.

dpluigi

Post by dpluigi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:24 am

I also use a Valve Index VR headset, mostly offline the rare time I can fly with Condor. I did run into a few Condor crashes but couldn't reproduce them. When it runs, my session in VR can go for over 2h (Condor time).
I ran my headset on 120fps for a little while but settled on 90fps for my purpose and kept it for stability's sake, well hopefully.

Ditto. Revive 2.0.0 didn't work and, actually, not just for Condor. Reverting it to the previous version 1.9.2 did the trick.

Did anyone posted or saw a post about this on Revive forum?

Until it's fixed and another update is out, an easy workaround is to just skip the recommended upgrade.

Using a 6DOF VR headset, with OVRDrop to composite in XCSoar and COTASA, is a treat.
ImageImage