Pimax 5k+ Condor simmers question

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

pckormic

Pimax 5k+ Condor simmers question

Post by pckormic » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:17 am

Hi everybody.

I am a Pimax 5k+ owner, and I whant to know if any of the Pimax 5k+ owners who uses the Condor sim has the same troubles I am "suffering"

First of all, I´ve got Windows 10 64X, 16 GB ddr3, i5 with a OC to 4.5 Mhz, and a GTX 1080ti video card, that with my old Oculus Rift can handle Condor at 1.7 super sampling ( (using Oculus Tray Tool) with all the video settings to the max.) runnig smoothly.

the first "problem": I couldn´t get rid of the vertical lines of the "tranlucent" information window just in front of the eye. I know that at least one of us (Pimax Condor simmers) suffers the same issue, but any of us has a clue of how to fix it.
The second problem, and this is really bad, is the stuters that happens when you approach the cloud base.
I tried to downgrade the Pitool (SS to 1) and Oculus to the minimum, lowering the Condor video options,but the cloud base stutters continues, to the point where the resolution in the Pimax was worse than the Oculus Rift, you couldn´t read the instrument dial numbers, but with the Oculus at 1.7 SS you can see everything clearer, with better definition.

I even changed the "official" clouds to the Alan Mattano (or something like that) clouds, with no changes at all.

I tried again with the latest Condor patch 08 upgrade, and even thePitool 1.0.1.180.Beta upgrade and the latest beta 197, with the same f****ed stutters again...

If you fly in a cloudless sky, or with the cloud base 400 to 500 m above, the turns are smooth, but when you approaches at a 150m below the cloud base, you start to suffer this stutters, that increases as you soars and approaches the cloud base.

Something like this happens to me in DCS and IL2 Bos simulators, the widest FOV don´t deserves the poor resolution, the stutters and the image deformation of the Pimax, when with the Oculus Rift I can run Condor at 1,7 (in some sceneries at 1,5) , runnig smoothly ( but with the feeleing of wearing a scuba dive glasses).

I whould like to know if any other user of a Pimax 5k+ has the same problems, and if don´t, please could tell what version of Pitool is using, the settings of Condor and wich PC is using, the video card, any information who can be usefull to solve this problems.

Thanks, and good flight

melodrama

Re: Pimax 5k+ Condor simmers question

Post by melodrama » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:17 pm

Hello, I'm that "other simmer" and I can confirm the information screen problem. I have tested my Pimax 5k+ with small 120Hz and normal FOV modes, information screen is visible in both cases; the screen area is slightly lighter than rest of the picture and vertical lines are visible. My setup has RTX 2080Ti GPU and i7-8700K CPU. My framerate remains good/same when I'm near to clouds/inside them. So I think I don't have this cloud stutter-problem

I start Condor 2 directly from Pitool, Condor graph setups are close to max, MSAA is 4x .. Nvidia 3D control panel settings are "normal", power management mode is maximum performance and Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames is 1.
Last edited by melodrama on Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:52 pm

I just sent the fix request to condorsoaring support regarding this transparent information screen bug. We are not the only ones who suffers this issue, I believe that 8K/+/X users will detect the same issue.

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Very fast response from Condor 2 support ! (.. And it's Sunday afternoon !!)

They want to have screenshot from the information screen effect. I mirrored the VR image to monitor, information screen was missing there. So, I'm trying to figured out how I can get screenshot from the left or right eye image that I see through the lenses but I don't know how to do that right know..

One possibility might be SteamVR with Revive, there are some options where you can mirror your VR image to monitor screen if I remember this correctly.

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:45 pm

I was able to take two pictures with my mobile phone where infoscreen and it's left and right side horizontal edges were visible. I sent these pictures to condorsoaring support => Let's hope that they can fix this bug!

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Thanks a lot, melodrama.

I reckon the stutters I suffer near the cloud base are due to fact that my pc is not able to render the clouds with my GTX1080 ti video card, but it´s weird, because with the Oculus I can run Condor at máximun, with a Supersamling in Pitools of 1,7 with everything at max, but in my other sims (DCS and IL2 BOS) I can´t get as good supersampling values (1.4 more or less) as in Condor.

I don´t whant to change my graphic card yet, the 2080ti price is too high for the little increase in graphic speed compared with the 1080 ti.

So I´ve just buyed a second hand Valve Index HMD, and patiently will wait for a better graphic card that really will be able to move the Pimax 5k.

Goodbye and good flights

SokoleONE

Post by SokoleONE » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:59 pm

I had a same problem with vertical line on 5k+
do you know what is it now?

cvvs

Post by cvvs » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:01 am

I sell my pimax, I don't really like it, oculus works much better, and it's easier to install

Rühmann

Post by Rühmann » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:25 pm

melodrama wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:17 pm
.. I start Condor 2 directly from Pitool, ..
Hi melodrama,

i´m using a 5k+.
I have put ("import") Condor 2 in PiTool, but it´s not starting.
All the other games / simulations (AC, DR 2.0, ACC, ..) are working pretty well.

Can you/somebody help?

Do one still need the Oculus Software for Pimax/Condor?

Kind regards!

Rühmann

Post by Rühmann » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:22 am

Could somebody please help me?

Thx!

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:05 pm

To run Condor in Pimax you nedd to install the Oculus Software, and the Pitool.
If you have installed Oculus Software, you only need to go to pitool and launch Condor From there.

I had tried the 5K+ in Condor, and it was easy to run from Pitool, but I couldn´t get rid of a couple of vertical grey lines just in front of the cockpit. Besides, there is some "aberration" when you move your head from the cockpit to the clouds. The clouds Changes its shape, there is distorsion in the vertical and horizontal axis.

Now I´m using a Valve Index, less FOV but a great sweet spot, better resolution an it´s very easy to set up with Revive.

Regards

Rühmann

Post by Rühmann » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:48 pm

Thanks a lot mate!

Honestly I was hoping for a "non- Oculus-software-solution" .
My first try (months ago) I gave up, because of tons of gigabyte download.
I hope it's not the case anymore! ;)

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Sat May 09, 2020 7:47 am

Hello, you don't need to use or install Oculus SW to run Condor2.

Do following steps:
1. Open Pitool
2. Select My games
3. Import game exe file: (*\Condor2\Condor.exe )
4. Find game icon from the list and start the game..

=> You have to start the game via My games icon..

This works most of the Oculus driven VR games but not with all..

Rühmann

Post by Rühmann » Thu May 14, 2020 10:53 am

The "hint of the day" was the "2 .dll´s" to get it work! :wink:

---
" => The following link is not mine, but it seems to contain the alternative 2 files:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M11Zd ... ZCTKxdnam1 "
---

I just can speak for Pimax owners (don't know if it works for others as well..):
forget the "need" of downloading the Oculus software!
Just place the dll´s in the Pimax folder, import Condor 2 in Pitool, start it from there
- and have fun! :)

Thanks a lot melodrama!!

P.S. the only downer: the HMD screen turns black after about 15 - 20 minutes ...
but so far I'm happy! :D

Super727

Post by Super727 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:42 pm

Hi,

After a long time I a wanted to try C2 with my Pimax 5k+ again. Had no luck with that darn Oculus software. Then I saw this post, but my hopes got dashed when I found that your link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M11Zd for the two dll files did not work.

Could you please post the names of these two dll files, or better yet provide them, maybe as a .zip file?

Thank you very much in advance!

All the best,

Werner