Trying to link WMR Headset (HP Reverb)

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

ChrisW

Trying to link WMR Headset (HP Reverb)

Post by ChrisW » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:54 pm

I have previously used an Oculus headset on Condor 2 with no problems, but now wish to use the Reverb & WMR with its greater resolution.

I think I am being a bit thick but I have installed SteamVR, Oculus Home, Revive. Revive X86 & X64 folders to Condor 2 main folder as per the manual.

I start SteamVR, and find a Revive tab under Oculus Home in the headset, which has 4 apps in the window,

When the manual says drag and drop Condor 2 to ReviveInjector_X64.exe, could someone expain the step/s to achieve this please, as I am now lost.
(I assume that the Condor.exe from Condor 2 folder needs to be copied to somewhere but I am unsure where, and assume that this is done in Windows explorer in the normal manner.)

If this has been described in the forums before, I apologise, but haven't found it.

The Headset works fine for me in Xplane 11

Any help would be most appreciated.

Chris

pckormic

Re: Trying to link WMR Headset (HP Reverb)

Post by pckormic » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:17 am

Try to read this, it could help...

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=18544

cyberpanic

Post by cyberpanic » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:50 pm

Hi Chris,
Hey, reverb is cool, isn’t it :)
Might be easier to right click the revive icon in the system tray and choose „inject“ from the menu, then navigate to your condor2.exe file and chose it. This starts condor (note: all on your monitor, not in vr); chose free flight or multiplayer and put your headset on...

cyberpanic

Post by cyberpanic » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi Chris,

Hope you also use both the SteamVR and Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR Beta Version with your Reverb - the non beta donˋt use the native reverb resolution. Good reading for this is https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... ed-reality

tstrick320

Post by tstrick320 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:23 pm

I just got a new HP Reverb but I'm struggling with the setup (which is embarrassing because I'm an IT guy - but not a gamer).

Previous posts have said to install "Oculus Home" but what I've installed is the Oculus Rift software. "Oculus Home" seems to be a VR application for viewing houses. Or am I way off base? The manual says "Install Oculus Home without doing initial setup" but it's not clear to me how far into the installation process to go. I stopped at the point that the installer was looking for an real Oculus headset.

My Reverb headset is working in the Windows Mixed Reality Portal but the Oculus software I've installed doesn't seem to be aware of my headset and neither is Steam VR.

Totally lost and flying in 2D, sadly. :(

Can someone post more detailed instructions for setting up the Reverb?

Thanks!
Tom
Tom Strickland
Peterborough, NH
USA

tstrick320

Post by tstrick320 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:22 pm

I think I found the issue. I needed to install SteamVR for Mixed Reality, not just SteamVR. I'm not flying yet (out of time today) but I have VR working outside of just WMR now.

Tom
Tom Strickland
Peterborough, NH
USA

TheGreatCabbage2

Post by TheGreatCabbage2 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:20 pm

I'm the developer of the Condor2 Revive Helper, which is designed for WMR and Vive/Index headsets.

I think you'll find it useful, because it:

- Allows you to launch Condor2 in VR with a simple desktop shortcut, instead of using the Revive Injector every time.
- Works with the Condor2 Extension for Chrome/Firefox/Edge to seamlessly launch Condor2 multiplayer sessions in VR from the Condor Server List.
- Negates the requirement to put the x86 and x64 folders in the Condor2 folder (don't worry, it will also work fine if they're already there).

Note: You may need to launch Oculus and SteamVR before clicking the desktop shortcut provided by the Revive Helper.

Here's the link to the Revive Helper's forum post, which describes how to install it:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19133

Make sure you update Revive before installing the Condor2 Revive Helper. You can do this by launching Revive, right-clicking its system-tray icon and using "Check for updates" or by downloading and installing the latest version from the Revive downloads page.

As cyberpanic pointed out, you need to install "Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR" from Steam as well as SteamVR.

Eridian

Post by Eridian » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:55 pm

Dear all,

just got my HP Reverb to run in WMR and SteamVR (Beta 1.11.\8). Also I have Windows WMR for Steam Beta 1.1.203 installed.

Now I've installed Revive 2.0.0.13 and Oculus plus the most recent version of Condor 2 Revive Helper and I just can't get it to run on my Win 10 64 bit system.

Some deltas I noticed compared to the descriptions/instructions above:
Revive only has a single folder in my install: C:\Program Files\Revive i.e. no further Revive subfolder inside.
Condor2 revive helper nonetheless detects C:\Program Files\Revive\Revive. Manually correcting that does not change anything.
Manually launching ReviveInjector (no _X64 in the filename) and pointing it to the Condor2 executable does not work either, but maybe this is to be expected, given that I didn' t install it inside the Condor2 folder.

Also, I struggle to find a Revive Tab in Oculus Home, not sure how to proceed from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance,

Eridian

TheGreatCabbage2

Post by TheGreatCabbage2 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:09 pm

Unfortunately, some changes in the newest version of Revive broke Condor2 and the Condor2 Revive Helper. Since Condor2 doesn't work with the new Revive yet, I can't fix the Condor2 Revive Helper either.

The solution is to uninstall Revive and install version 1.9.2. Here's the download page for Revive 1.9.2:
https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive/releases/tag/1.9.2

Hope this helps!

Eridian

Post by Eridian » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:16 pm

Thanks a lot for the fast response!

Indeed, now it works!!

Now I just need to find my old glasses, because my current multifocals are a pain inside the VR headset :D

jordandavid22

Post by jordandavid22 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:00 pm

For reverb i can gave you a better options because i know the worth of reverbing :D
You can check headphones that look like earplugs bluetooth and thanks me in the reply :D