Mirror audio on a Pimax 5k+ (for a bodyshaker device)

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

pckormic

Mirror audio on a Pimax 5k+ (for a bodyshaker device)

Post by pckormic » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:35 pm

Hi everybody.

I have purchased a Pimax 5k+ helmet and I can´t get to mirror the audio from the Condor sim, like I had done easily with mi old Oculus Rift.

I use a bodyshaker device connected to the bottom of my simulation chair, and I can´t fly without that "feeling".

¿Has anybody managed to get it work, or knows how to do it?

Thanks.

melodrama

Re: Mirror audio on a Pimax 5k+ (for a bodyshaker device)

Post by melodrama » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:17 am

Hello, I don't own Condor 2 sim (yet) but considering to get it.. And I own Realteus Force Feel vibration cushions that can be used via Audio input.. And I own Pimax 5k+.

There are two alternative that you can try:

You can use SteamVR => Settings => Audio => activate headset audio and set the audio output that you are planning to connect to bodyshaker as audio mirror. => This requires that you use SteamVR when flying with Condor 2 SW

Second alternative is to use virtual audio mixer program and route/split audio channels with that.
=> I use Voicemeeter (donationware: www.voicemeeter.com ) software where you can define 2 Hardware and 1 virtual input channels and 2 audio output channels => this should do the trick you need.

I used Voicemeeter with DCS (Simshaker for Aviator didn't support the Force Feel earlier) with good success.

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:11 pm

Thanks, melodrama ¿are you spanish like me?

I have used the voicemeeter program and it works fine.
:D :D
Now I have to "tinker" with the Pimax and Oculus options to improve the view with the Pimax. :roll:

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Nope, I'm finnish.. :D

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:42 pm

I bought Condor2 yesterday and I just finished my first real tryout with my gears (CPU:i7-8700K, GPU:RTX 2080Ti, Pimax 5k+, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog throttle and Joystick, Realteus Force Feel cushion)

=> I'm impressed ! My gears worked pretty well with high graph setups. I flew about 1h; plane towing and thermals felt quite same than in real life (I have 150h overall flight time with real gliders over 15 years ago)

Next (read: tomorrow maybe) I will try to set my Force Feel cushions so that I connect the Pimax audio into Voicemeeter and connect the output audio channel via mixer into Force Feel cushions. I don't know how well this works, not necessary very well because I would like to feel the turbulence shaking (you cannot hear turbulence => audio-to-Force Feel conversion is not able to generate turbulence shaking effect)..