Revive Helper: easy tool for Revive (multiplayer & desktop shortcut)

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

guethefly

Re: Revive Helper: easy tool for Revive (multiplayer & desktop shortcut)

Post by guethefly » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:27 am

Hi!
I installed the revive-helper and activated the additional apps for google chrome and also for firefox but when I click on join vr nothing happens ...
the shortcut for single player "condor2 vr" does not react either. the single player only works with revive alone
please help what am i doing wrong...

GXT

Post by GXT » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:33 pm

Hi
I used the tool and it worked fine for a few weeks and then suddenly the joystick stopped working. It works fine using the normal join but when I use the Join VR button on the server list I no longer have any controls. Any ideas?

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:01 am

Hi everyone.

There is a new Revive version (Revive 3.2.0)

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=21520

Quoted:

" In a quick test, running Condor through this version of Revive (3.2.0), streaming the result through Virtual Desktop to my Oculus Quest, everything worked very nicely - including with MSAA enabled I have (tested at the '2x' setting).

This means that it should now be possible, for anyone who needs to use Revive because you're using a non-Oculus/Meta headset, to:
Use the latest version of Revive, instead of the (now rather old) 1.9.2
Enable MSAA for better visual quality"

I have tested in with my Pico neo 3 link HMD and tested the MSAA 8X option in Condor 2 nicely. But I had to "inject" the Condor2 because the Revive Helper doesn.t work.

The Revive helper doesn,t work with this new Revive 3.2.0. I´ve tried to reinstall the Revive helper again, and declare the new path (C:/Program files/Revive/Revive doesn´t exist in this new Revive version) so I tried C:/Program files /Revive but don´t go...

I hope domeone could fix this problen¡m soon...

cbrunschen

Post by cbrunschen » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:49 am

pckormic wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:01 am
Hi everyone.

There is a new Revive version (Revive 3.2.0)
... but ...
The Revive helper doesn,t work with this new Revive 3.2.0. I´ve tried to reinstall the Revive helper again, and declare the new path (C:/Program files/Revive/Revive doesn´t exist in this new Revive version) so I tried C:/Program files /Revive but don´t go...

I hope domeone could fix this problen¡m soon...
Looking at the source code for ReviveHelper, ReviveHelper creates a preference that is intended to point to the ReviveInjector.exe program within the Revive installation folder - by adding "\x64\ReviveInjector.exe" to the directory it thinks it has found.

But there's no x64 directory within the Revive installation directory any more.

Fortunately, this generated string is stored in the Windows Registry and can be edited using the Windows Registry Editor, which you can open (in Windows 10 at least) by pressing the Windows key and typing regedit (and pressing Return).

It's stored under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Prefs\com.cabbagedevelopment.condor2helper./Prefs as revive_injector_path, but you can also simply press Control+F and search for revive_injector_path which should find it.

In my case, with Revive installed in the default location (C:\Program Files\Revive), I changed the setting by right-clicking on revive_injector_path and choosing "Modify" in the context menu that pops up, to the value

Code: Select all

/C:///Program /Files///Revive///ReviveInjector.exe
which makes it work for me - both when launching it from the Desktop shortcut that ReviveHelper created for me, and when launching from the "Join (VR)" button that the ReviveHelper Chrome extension helpfully adds to the Condor Server LIst.

JLN

Post by JLN » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:27 am

Hello
Just for info. I tried to install revive helper V1.0.4.
When I ran it, my antivirus Free Avira found in it "Drop.Win32.MemMapSelf.122410".

It erased Revive Helper and as I had mentionned the link with Firefox, it also erased Firefox..... Super !!
So, be careful !

Regards

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:46 pm

cbrunschen wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:49 am

Looking at the source code for ReviveHelper, ReviveHelper creates a preference that is intended to point to the ReviveInjector.exe program within the Revive installation folder - by adding "\x64\ReviveInjector.exe" to the directory it thinks it has found.

But there's no x64 directory within the Revive installation directory any more.

Fortunately, this generated string is stored in the Windows Registry and can be edited using the Windows Registry Editor, which you can open (in Windows 10 at least) by pressing the Windows key and typing regedit (and pressing Return).

It's stored under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Prefs\com.cabbagedevelopment.condor2helper./Prefs as revive_injector_path, but you can also simply press Control+F and search for revive_injector_path which should find it.

In my case, with Revive installed in the default location (C:\Program Files\Revive), I changed the setting by right-clicking on revive_injector_path and choosing "Modify" in the context menu that pops up, to the value

/C:///Program /Files///Revive///ReviveInjector.exe
which makes it work for me - both when launching it from the Desktop shortcut that ReviveHelper created for me, and when launching from the "Join (VR)" button that the ReviveHelper Chrome extension helpfully adds to the Condor Server LIst.
Thanks a lot, for your solution, it´s simple and works nicely. Fixed the problem in both Pico 3 and Valve Index PC´s :D

cyberpanic

Post by cyberpanic » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:46 pm

great work @cbrunschen - thank you!

In addition to changing the registry parameter "revive_injector_path" as described here, I also needed to change the parameter "revive_path" in the same location to

/C:///Program /Files///Revive
to make ReviveHelper work again as expected.

p.s.: Reinstallation of ReviveHelper is not needed that way - I just installed the newest version of Revive over the exiting old one, changed both RegKeys - ready.

RTX 4070 with HP Reverb v2