Oculus RIft Black Outs

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Fabry

Oculus RIft Black Outs

Post by Fabry » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:26 pm

My Oculus Rift have a strange bug that happen only in Condor2, from time to time it just go completely dark for a couple of seconds and than go back to normal.
I tought it was low HDMI signal so I've added an amplifier but that didn't fixed it.
I have good fps and it works flawlessly with many other games, anyone have seen this before?
Fabry
FDS
ASW-19 N80SF

blacksun

Re: Oculus RIft Black Outs

Post by blacksun » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:45 pm

not seen that, but the last flight I had the rift display went all jittery, when moving my head everything left ghost images until I stopped moving. It was fine with just flying along but looking around or at the instruments made me feel really really sick. Only had it the once.
How do you have condor setup? fullscreen, virtual full screen or windowed and do you mirror the rift to the monitor?
Have you checked for a graphics card update? That will be my first thing to try.

Mas

Post by Mas » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:26 am

Fabry wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:26 pm
My Oculus Rift have a strange bug that happen only in Condor2, from time to time it just go completely dark for a couple of seconds and than go back to normal.
I tought it was low HDMI signal so I've added an amplifier but that didn't fixed it.
I have good fps and it works flawlessly with many other games, anyone have seen this before?
Have you tried pulling out the HDMI cable into the HMD and reseating it ?. Sometimes the humid environment inside can cause the development of bad contact . I"ve had total permanent HDMI disconnection a few times that was solved by reseating the cable . You'll need to pull out the facial interface to access the cable input.

Its the first thing i would look at , although of course it could be any of a number of things computer related .

Al_B

Post by Al_B » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:28 pm

What exactly are you doing when it blacks out?
Gravity never loses. The best you can hope for is a draw.

Fabry

Post by Fabry » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:34 pm

I run full screen, and yes I do mirror the screen. the blackouts are totally random they might happen while I'm thermaling or while I'm just gliding, I only fly in Slovenia2, they started right after I've purchased the 1-26 hangar update, damn I don't even fly the thing LOL
I will re-connect the HDMI on Oculus side, I didn't tried that yet but I did installed latest Geforce drivers.
Fabry
FDS
ASW-19 N80SF

k6chris

Post by k6chris » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:46 am

What is the spec of your PC (Graphics card and CPU)? I had a similar problem when testing on a PC with a very good graphics card but a CPU that was below minimum specs.

Al_B

Post by Al_B » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:40 pm

I would suggest trying 2 things:

1) Run the Rift compatibility check tool:
https://ocul.us/compat-tool

More info on it here:
https://support.oculus.com/1357437467617798/

What does it report? I had issues with the USB ports initially... The CV1 rift seems picky about the usb ports (power?).

2) Check that the headset cable is firmly seated at the headset end. You will need to remove the faceplate to do this. The cable can come loose.
Gravity never loses. The best you can hope for is a draw.

Fabry

Post by Fabry » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Well, looks like that disconnecting, blowing and re-connecting HDMI cable on Oculus side did the trick, I flew the same 120 km Slovenia loop with same Glider and Conditions I had the blackouts before but this time I had no problem.

Thanks for help
Fabry
FDS
ASW-19 N80SF