Ed Tracker Setup

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

raypat

Ed Tracker Setup

Post by raypat » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:57 am

Is there anyone out there using the Diy Edtracker wired unit with Opentrack in Condor 2? For the life of me I cannot get Condor to talk to Edtracker. If someone could explain the stepwise process to set this up it would be much appreciated. I have successfully configured the Edtracker and have it talking to Opentrack but that's as far as I can get. I have no coding or programming skills. In Condor 2 setup there appears to be only 2 options for VR.
Occulus Rift and Mirror Rendering. Trying to assign controls only gives the choice of keypad or mouse for view pan left, right etc. I am probably missing something obvious but I have run out of ideas. Thanks to anyone able to help.

janjansen

Re: Ed Tracker Setup

Post by janjansen » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:28 am

You dont have to configure anything in condor. Just set opentrack output to "freetrack 2 enhanced" in the main window and in options / output set yaw to yaw and pitch to pitch.

Disclaimer: I have no experience with ed tracker, but if you got it working with opentrack, you have that part covered.

raypat

Post by raypat » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:46 am

Thanks Janjansen. Yes you are exactly correct. I was bogged down with setting up VR in Condor. After some more experimenting last night it turned out I had not downloaded the correct drivers. After working out how to point ed tracker towards the Arduino drivers and installing them it started working in Condor without any config ( in Condor) at all. Now it's all about getting the tracking working smoothly. I don't have it perfect yet but I have to say I am having no trouble with drift in the settings as reported by others using Edtracker. Maybe the later magnetometer versions are a bit better. Hope this helps some others struggling with Edtracker setup.

BA

Post by BA » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:42 pm

So...

are you done with that? Is all workin fine now? :)