How increase Multisampling with Vive and Revive?

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

J4p032

How increase Multisampling with Vive and Revive?

Post by J4p032 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:18 pm

Hello!

I am using Condor2 with VR with my Vive googles, with Revive. If I change the multisampling (pixel ratio) to 1.5 in SteamVR it doesn't modify anything in the sim.
The sim is smooth good enough to allow me to increment that number but I don't know where to modify it as it is the first one I use it with the Revive program. Does anyone know how to change this, and increase the pixel multisampling? It is hard to me to see some labels and planes at certain distance.

Thanks!

pckormic

Re: How increase Multisampling with Vive and Revive?

Post by pckormic » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:31 pm

Hi, pal
I asked the same a few weeks ago, but it seems nobody knows how to do it... :(
...or the people who knows how don´t read this forum thead... :D

I am waiting too, I have an Samsung Odyssey, but the Oculus works a lot better in Condor 2 right now

Bye

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:28 pm

As the Oculus code works fine for this, it must be a Revive issue.. presumably not supported.

I suggest you look in that direction. Is there some Revive development forum?
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

HornetSk

Post by HornetSk » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:20 am

Hi it exist tool for supersampling settings for Oculus software (oculus Tray..?) I think you can increase ss there (no in steam VR)

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/d ... -hopefully

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:38 am

OXO wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:28 pm
As the Oculus code works fine for this, it must be a Revive issue.. presumably not supported.

I suggest you look in that direction. Is there some Revive development forum?
I think Oxo it´s right.

Running Condor 2 with Revive in Samsung Odyssey HMD, There is a very umpleasant bug that it´s not present in Oculus HMD:
The "jittering" or "micro stutter" of the landscape, that provokes illness in less than 15 minutes (and I had NEVER been ill in any simulator or VR experience ever). However, the same Odyssey HMD in other simulators as IL2 BOS and DCS runs smoothly.

I have tried to raise the Super Sampling in Revive to improve Graphic quality in Condor 2 VR in any way without sucess. Of course, I tried the OTT, and to prove that it wasn´t working I put the supersamplig value to the maximum, with no influence in the sim. I tried to use then the Oculus Debug tool, then I tried in Steam VR options the Supersamplig slider bar in Every aplication that it´s running connected to Condor 2 VR.
The trouble is that there is no option Bar for Condor aplication in Sream vr, and the Revive aplication hasn´t the Supersampling slider bar, so you can´t apply the instructions depicted in the forums (and I had seen a lot of them)

However, the Odyssey runs better thant the Oculus in the IL2 Bos, and you can appreciate the better displays of the helmet there, and even in DCS, tinkering a little I have managed to use the Odyssey without stutter, and with better resolution than the Oculus.

So I think that there is a fault in the Revive program that isn´t well tuned for the Condor 2 simulator. And there´s the handicap that to run Condor 2 in any Windows Mixed Reality helmet, you have to run Oculus program, Steam VR for WMR, Revive and finally Condor 2. I think there is a lot of work for the CPU, and there is a lot of probability that any of the programs involved conflicts with other.

Goodbye and good flights

J4p032

Post by J4p032 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:25 pm

I see..

Well.. this happens becuase there is not direct support for vive in Condor2. I hope developers release a Vive release support (SteamVR).
Or at least they include the suppersampling option in the menus. But I don't know if that option would work in non-Oculus devices.