Zoom in and out in VR not working

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

johnr777

Zoom in and out in VR not working

Post by johnr777 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:15 am

I have no problems using the mapped Zoom IN and Zoom OUT function while not in VR and using the monitor.

But when using the Rift VR headset the Zoom functions do not work but all other View functions work.

Is this a common issue or is it limited to my computer setup?

Cheers

Mas

Re: Zoom in and out in VR not working

Post by Mas » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:31 am

View zooming is not supported in VR - If you want to see panel better just lean in a little and be sure to have something like 4X MSAA switched on in settings - it really helps with instrument visibility .

dpluigi

Post by dpluigi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:41 pm

This would imply a 6DOF where leaning in can be detected and taken into account. I am currently using a VR Gear fitted with a Samsung Galaxy S9 as a VR headset with native 3DOF only. To stream Condor to my mobile headset I am using ALVR, which I prefered to VRidge/RiftCat. I heard of ARCore project to add 6DOF using inside out tracking using the cellphone front camera.

Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Donat
ImageImage

dpluigi

Post by dpluigi » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:05 am

For those interested in trying 6DOF with inside out tracking with a cellphone like the Galaxy S9, I was able to test
ALVR (2.3.1) client + ARCore. Note however that ALVR Client with ARCore for mobile headset is not available through Oculus store but needs to be downloaded from the link below and then the apk file needs to be signed manually before it can be installed. It is compatible with both ALVR Server 2.3.0 and 2.3.1 (the version currently installed on PC is 2.3.1).
https://github.com/polygraphene/ALVRClient/releases

More details will be posted in this Condor VR forum thread:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=18556&p=161728#p161728

Thanks,
Donat
ImageImage