Problems with Laptop and HTC VIVE

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

GéGé

Re: Problems with Laptop and HTC VIVE

Post by GéGé » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:48 am

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I reinstalled all the necessary software to run my HTC Vive VR headset.

The problem is now solved.

AlexH

Re: Problems with Laptop and HTC VIVE

Post by AlexH » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Hi,

Just got the Vive today. I got it to work. I am a complete VR noob and never used this before. I had same issues as others. With DirectX3D error message. I didn't realize there are instruction for VR in the condor manual, so please follow those. Took me 10 min of troubleshooting before I was able to get Condor to work in VR with Vive.

I didn't get the Revive Dashboard in the tray to inject Condor. To get the Revive Dashboard in the tray I started SteamVR, right click on the SteamVR Ready Icon in the small window of SteamVR and go to settings, go to Applications, go to Revive Dashboard, Tick box "Start this overlay application when SteamVR launches".
After you get the Revive Dashboard in the tray, follow the previous instructions to inject Condor by right clicking on Revive Dashboard icon. Start Condor Sim, go to Setup, select Oculus Rift, MSAA disabled, optionally disable Canopy reflection (doesn't look nice in VR) just start a free flight, put on your VR goggles and enjoy the ride. Buttery smooth VR experience on my 4670K with 1080Ti.

Very impressed with VR and blown away by Condor in VR.
Thanks for implementing VR in this fantastic sim.