Pimax 5k/8K VR set

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

pckormic

Re: Pimax 5k/8K VR set

Post by pckormic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi everyone
Finally I've got a Pimax 5k+, with a HTC base station.

I own a Oculus Rift CV1,l and I have purchased the Pimax to change it.

I have managed to run Condor with The Pimax HMD, but the resolution it´s even poor of my "fine tuned" Oculus.

With the Ocullus I use a Super sampling of 1.7, and run smoothly. I can clearly see the dial numbers of the cockpit instruments,

My Pc it´s not very old, with a Overclocked 4.5 MHZ core, 16 GB of RAM and a nvidia GTX 1080 Ti graphic card, running with Win10 X64 OS.

I have the latest version of Pitool, the 1.0.1.180.Beta, I imported the Condor.exe file to the games import section of the Pitool, and I only have to run the Condor from there, I don.t have to previously open the Oculus program.

I really appreciate the widest Field of View (set to Normal:140º) , but the resolution it.s almost the same (ever worse) than I can get in Condor.

¿May anybody share his own settings to run Condor with the Pimax? It could be of great help to "fine tunning" this HMD...

Thank you.

strawberrybacon

Re: Pimax 5k/8K VR set

Post by strawberrybacon » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Hi,
I'm using the SteamVR+OpenXR solution, where Condor is "injected" into OpenXR. The solution is a bit dated but works.

Going to try to get the "import into Pimax SW"-solution to work. So far I haven't been successful.

Also, I'm getting terrible pop-in on the right hand side of the screen. Anyone else got this issue? I've lowered the FOV due to this problem and am getting adequate results with pop-in persisting.
Image Image