PC spec for Condor 2 VR

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

k6chris

PC spec for Condor 2 VR

Post by k6chris » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:25 am

There was some very useful pre-release info for Condor 2 PC requirements...does the same info exist for Condor 2 VR? Also (dumb question alert) does it matter which headset you get, can you use the Microsoft mixed reality sets?? I want to start looking into VR but have no PC based VR experience.

Thanks
Chris

sisu1a

Re: PC spec for Condor 2 VR

Post by sisu1a » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:51 pm

I think they are first implementing Oculus SDK, but hopefully once that's completed they also use OpenVR SDK so anyone with Vive/Vive Pro, WMR headsets and pretty much any headset that's not a Rift can also use it. They probably would have started out with OpenVR but there was some confusion early on that they thought that meant they had to sell through Steam or something, which ironically is the actual opposite of that SDK's purpose. Yes it matters which one you get, but maybe wait and see how the cards actually fall and you will need pretty much the same computer either way so start there.

As to pc specs, VR takes a pretty beefy rig regardless of the app because your pushing almost as many pixels as running triple screen 1080p at 60hz even though the resolution is technically lower. WMR sets take even more horsepower, having up to 78% more pixels than Rift/Vive. Generally for VR you need a GTX 1060 or better (or R 290 or better), at least a mid range i5 and 16gb ram. Condor2 itself is designed to be able to run on a potato so shouldn't be any harder to run than most other VR apps.

Mas

Post by Mas » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:03 am

Chris , at the moment Microsoft Mixed reality sets are using a bit more CPU power when using Open VR environment through Steam than Oculus , but this may change as they improve drivers. You want to look at something like the i5 6600 CPU and GTX 1060 and 16gb fast RAM as a realistic spec that runs most oculus VR software ok . Even when Condor 2VR comes out you will want to run Super Sampling as high as possible to improve visual clarity , so really any extra horsepower is good. The new Nvidea cards will show soon , so grab the card at tleast that replace the 1060 in the same price and you will be future proof a bit . ( Some of my VR games/ experiences are using up to 10gb RAM so I really advise to get 16 gb ram if you want to experience other stuff well )

Cheers

Mark

k6chris wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:25 am
There was some very useful pre-release info for Condor 2 PC requirements...does the same info exist for Condor 2 VR? Also (dumb question alert) does it matter which headset you get, can you use the Microsoft mixed reality sets?? I want to start looking into VR but have no PC based VR experience.

Thanks
Chris

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:38 am

We are still developing VR support, so there's no information available yet.

We will surely release some data when we are confident.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

jolk

Post by jolk » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:01 pm

May the force be with you, my credit card and my Oculus are ready :)

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:25 pm

jolk wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:01 pm
May the force be with you, my credit card and my Oculus are ready :)

If you already have Condor 2, you won't need a credit card. This will be a free update.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Tue May 08, 2018 3:22 pm

I found this site for recommended and minimum specs.

https://www.windowscentral.com/heres-wh ... un-vr#rift
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson