Thank you to Forum team for adding a VR Subgroup

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Mas

Thank you to Forum team for adding a VR Subgroup

Post by Mas » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:46 am

This well help VR enthusiasts to discuss and workshop possibilities and future solutions and people interested to learn more about VR.

Perhaps we need a pinned post to the top of message list entitled ' Condor v2 does not currently support VR ' - save repeats of the same question !

I have an Oculus Rift CV1 for a few years and have got acceptable results with FSX and add on sceneries and ASK21 glider , but the flight model and soaring weather dynamics are very poor . Aerofly 2 also has VR and glider but to me its really a glorified phone app.

Am excited to see someone has done a V1 VR wrapper to Rift - that is a start I guess and look forward to experience this when it is released .
I think the hand drawn artwork which is low on GPU resource will be good for a VR Rift port , as I am getting easily 100fps with 4K resolution and everything almost maxed with a GTX 770 GPU and older AMD FX-6300 CPU which is not really good enough for VR build . My VR PC uses GTX 1060 and i5 6600 which is barely good enough to run FSX in VR .

Others comment rightly here that the market for Condor VR via sale through Steam and Oculus is enormous - its potentially in the millions - people are hungry for simulator experience - and the market for Condor from within the gliding community is pretty small . It doesnt really matter that Steam take 30% as the market is so much better. The prospect to sell large numbers when you have a Steam sale and people get alert for Condor in wishlist would be enormous I think. Anyway food for thought for devs.

Look forward to this journey of sometime being able to play latest Condor in VR !