HP Reverb G2 - VR Setup Guide for Condor 2

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

AUBUISSON
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Re: HP Reverb G2 - VR Setup Guide for Condor 2

Post by AUBUISSON » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:04 pm

Nous sommes 4 ou 5 a voler avec un casque HP Reverb G2 sur Condor Café http://blog.condor-velivole.eu/
Image

User avatar
YoYo
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:45 pm
Location: Poland (EPBC)
Contact:

Re: HP Reverb G2 - VR Setup Guide for Condor 2

Post by YoYo » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:44 pm

Specter wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:16 am
I just purchased Condor 2 for use with my Reverb G2. This is a joke, it's 2022 and we don't have native support?!?! What a waste of money!
Maybe not a waste of money (and I dont regret), but I agree about the rest :(

I miss flying in Condor and as long as it doesn't support WMR I won't be using it :oops: .

In November (SU11 update) MSFS will support gliders, Im sure it will not be like Condor but here we have WMR support and nice Discus (by GotFriends).

Image

Image

Image

Image

Id like to wish WMR in Condor 2 too. Condor is a lot of better with soaring simulation (even if MSFS officially will support gliders, Im sure), but due no support of WMR and HP Reverb G2 (most popular headset n the market for now) I must choose MSFS with Kinetic Assistant (free software https://msfs.touching.cloud/mods/kinetic-assistant/) :oops: . Pity!
Image
Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl
Image
Condor Sim statystyki

ur-bnja
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Re: HP Reverb G2 - VR Setup Guide for Condor 2

Post by ur-bnja » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:21 pm

Hello!
I perform all steps from the manual and got 'Error initializing Direct3d' then starting injection (((
Any ideas?

by the way, don't waste your money on a glider in mfs. rating out of 10 somewhere -5

fergie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 18, 2022 10:17 pm

Re: HP Reverb G2 - VR Setup Guide for Condor 2

Post by fergie » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:13 pm

YoYo wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:44 pm
Specter wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:16 am
I just purchased Condor 2 for use with my Reverb G2. This is a joke, it's 2022 and we don't have native support?!?! What a waste of money!
Id like to wish WMR in Condor 2 too. Condor is a lot of better with soaring simulation (even if MSFS officially will support gliders, Im sure), but due no support of WMR and HP Reverb G2 (most popular headset n the market for now) I must choose MSFS with Kinetic Assistant (free software https://msfs.touching.cloud/mods/kinetic-assistant/) :oops: . Pity!
I won't be supporting Condor 3 if MSFS gliders are even remotely passable. It has been absolutely ridiculous to have all the money I spent on condor and aircraft just be a total waste since I no-longer use an oculus based HMD... The dev is completely out of touch with the community these days.

User avatar
wickid
Posts: 2042
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:32 pm
Location: Venlo, NL
Contact:

Re: HP Reverb G2 - VR Setup Guide for Condor 2

Post by wickid » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:26 am

Before you get mad maybe wait for Condor 3 features. Nothing has been announced yet about VR support.
PH-1504, KOE

fergie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 18, 2022 10:17 pm

Re: HP Reverb G2 - VR Setup Guide for Condor 2

Post by fergie » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:05 pm

wickid wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:26 am
Before you get mad maybe wait for Condor 3 features. Nothing has been announced yet about VR support.
It has nothing to do with Condor 3 features, it has everything to do with lack of support for Condor 2 for years. I won't give this dev any more money at this point.

Jeffchrisope
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:21 pm

Re: HP Reverb G2 - VR Setup Guide for Condor 2

Post by Jeffchrisope » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:38 pm

Well, I've only been testing it for a few hours, but so far the steps outlined in the OP's directions worked perfectly for me, first time out. It took a whopping 10 minutes to setup, and though, sure, it's a little janky and probably burning some performance on the various interoperability layers going on here, I can fly in Condor 2 with my G2 now just as easily as I flew before, but now with a better headset.

Honestly, the folks ranting about lack of support here should maybe just try the steps outlined here and see if it works for them. Really: literally took me 10 minutes.
Image

fergie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 18, 2022 10:17 pm

Re: HP Reverb G2 - VR Setup Guide for Condor 2

Post by fergie » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:42 pm

Jeffchrisope wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:38 pm
Well, I've only been testing it for a few hours, but so far the steps outlined in the OP's directions worked perfectly for me, first time out. It took a whopping 10 minutes to setup, and though, sure, it's a little janky and probably burning some performance on the various interoperability layers going on here, I can fly in Condor 2 with my G2 now just as easily as I flew before, but now with a better headset.

Honestly, the folks ranting about lack of support here should maybe just try the steps outlined here and see if it works for them. Really: literally took me 10 minutes.
Congratulations, it works for you on a G2... It doesn't work for every headset. Maybe you should take into account that not everyone is in the same circumstances as you and many of us have tried every possible workaround we had before being annoyed at the lack of support. Even then, having to use a workaround = lack of support. Period.

Post Reply