Can I actually learn in Condor how to pilot the real glider?

Moderators: Uros, OXO

Numberjack

Can I actually learn in Condor how to pilot the real glider?

Post by Numberjack » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:40 am

Hello you all experienced pilots out there (and maybe some instructors - if I'm lucky)

To what extend the experience from Condor can be useful in learning how to fly in the real life?

I'm seriously considering signing up with a local glider club in the spring and I wonder to what extend the time I'm spending learning in Condor will improve my learning curve in the real glider.

Thank you

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: Can I actually learn in Condor how to pilot the real glider?

Post by EDB » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:22 pm

Flying is easy. The important thing in real life is that you can do it safely. For that you need instruction.

If you are really serious about your real life ambition then I advice you to first contact a club nearby. Start your education in real life and practice in Condor what you learned in real life.
If you do it the other way around it might take more time to go solo because you teached yourself the wrong things in Condor without instruction.

Condor can help you in flying cross country faster. But for that you first have to prove you can fly safely...

Numberjack

Post by Numberjack » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:16 am

Thank you very much for your answer.

I've already contacted with a local club and signed up for a ground school.
I'll be more careful with my Condor "flying" now.

Luxaly

Post by Luxaly » Mon May 22, 2023 6:52 am

i think while sims can help as bre said sims tend to make ppl learn bad habits... if i would fly in reality i would likely have an eye on a decent field even when im good with altitude... well and if i would get rich somehow i think i would buy a stemme and if thermals are out i can just take the L and use the engine to get altitude to fly home :D cause i wouldnt fly for compedition but rather for amusement and scenery and maybe some travel :D ofc target would be to do tasks without engine but i wouldnt rage if it doesnt work out :D