Should Custom Skins Show Up On Ghosts?

Everything related to developing the new gliders for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

andylong

Should Custom Skins Show Up On Ghosts?

Post by andylong » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:47 pm

Hi,

Been setting up some tasks for friends to fly by flying the task many times and recording the flight tracks of different gliders. I then load all the ghosts for people to fly with.

What I did was designate one glider as the slowest one to follow for my non racing friends sake, where I'd say, "Just stay the Discus".

But then I thought why not instead just make the slow glider have a unique skin that can be seen from far away. But when I did that and then loaded the ghost to follow it, it was the original default color.

So my question is, is there a way to get the custom colored skin that you choose for the glider to stick to the track log that you save?

Thanks,

- Andy

kristoffer

Post by kristoffer » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:29 pm

No, not really :cry:
But you can go to C:/programfiles/condor/planes/discus/skins and delete the default skin (remember to make a backup of this!!!) and rename the skin you want to use to default name. And copy and paste it to the discusfolder where the default skin used to be.

Sorry for the messed up excplenation, I hope u understand :wink:

Kristoffer.dS

andylong

Post by andylong » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:27 pm

I think I understand. What you are saying is that when the flight track is recorded (so you can run it as a ghost later), Condor uses the default skin for that sailplane.

So what I could do if I want to be able to have my friend have an easy to see plane (say orange) to follow around, when I do a flight with that plane, I change the default (after saving the original) to the skin I want, fly the task with that plane and when that flight track is saved, the new skin will show up. Is that right?

Seems like a pretty straight forward workaround to my original goal of having a plane my friend can recognize in the sea of gliders I'm planning to spring on him when he flies a task I'm making for him.

Seems the guy who did "The Condor Challenge" video on YouTube did the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBEJjh-pKPI

Seems his plane skins aren't the default ones. And all the gliders he's flying with are ghosts he made by flying the task again and again.

Thanks for the idea. Any other tips or tricks you can suggest would be appreciated.

- Andy

andylong

Post by andylong » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:58 pm

Your explanation for replacing the default skin seemed simple enough. So I took a skin that I downloaded, placed it in the skin folder, deleted the one called, "template" and then renamed the colored skin "template".

But when I went into Condor and opened the drop down menu for skins under the Plane tab, I got "Default" and "template" in the menu.

So I didn't replace the Default skin by using your explanation. Am I missing something? Can you actually replace the Default skin? If it's not under the skins folder, where is it?

By the way, here's what I fly when the weather is better.

http://www.andylong.com/images/matrix1.jpg

Thanks,

- Andy

Jono

Post by Jono » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:03 pm

The file you want to change is:

C:/Program Files/Condor/Planes/Discus2/Discus2.bmp

or which ever glider you want to edit.. Not the file found in skins :wink:
J.Davidson
CN: R6

andylong

Post by andylong » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:24 pm

Yup, that did it.

Thanks J!

- Andy :D

wadjet

Re:

Post by wadjet » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:26 pm

Jono wrote:The file you want to change is:

C:/Program Files/Condor/Planes/Discus2/Discus2.bmp

or which ever glider you want to edit.. Not the file found in skins :wink:
Thank you very much for this info
I`d rather be the last who finished a task than the first who crashed.