ASH25 work in progress

Everything related to developing the new gliders for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

Lecso

ASH25 work in progress

Post by Lecso » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:22 am

Hi all!
Some pictures...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bela Veghseo
Albatros Glider club
Nyiregyhaza, Hungary

Reg-#: HA-4408
Comp-#: VBZ

experimental_pilot

Post by experimental_pilot » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:36 am

Hey! Great News!
Comp. ID: JH Registration: C-GMAV

desktopsimmer

Post by desktopsimmer » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:57 am

Very, very nice :)

Aussiewalrus

Post by Aussiewalrus » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:40 am

Awsome! We gonna get that wonderful big time bend in the wings when you load on the G's?
Tom
Reg-#: G-TOM
Comp-#: TW

Uros
Condor Team

Post by Uros » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:16 am

Gorgeous Lesco!
Uros Bergant,
Condor Team

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:36 am

I think this will be the plane that is gonna make me buy the planepack sooner or later...
Looks lovely so far.
Think positive, flaps negative.

asw22pilot

Post by asw22pilot » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:14 am

you have to pay to have the plane pack?

considering GR and UROS will do nothing more than aggregate the efforts of volunteers why shoud it be pay to play for additional planes which in the FS community for instance would be free downloads!!

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:51 am

Flight characteristics.
Take a deep search trough the forum and you'll find loads of discussions.
As developers they have to create flight characteristics that should match RL as good as possible.
That will take some time, people who created planes will get 'paid' for their effort because they don't have to pay the fair price of les than 10 euros.
And by the way: FS additional planes suck.. at least some of them.
Some models look pretty, but the flight characteristics are terrible sometimes.
So what we actually pay for imo is the flightcharacteristics, else the quality of this sim would go down very fast.
I can understand that that's something they don't want to happen.

desktopsimmer

Post by desktopsimmer » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:47 pm

Silly question Lecso, have you created it in Rhino, if so, there's a lot of trouble when it comes to creating the LODs. Rhino never gets the meshes correct, and you'll have to do a lot of manual alterations, as I have found out creating the ASK-21.

Fredcoen

Post by Fredcoen » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:45 pm

GREAT :)
:D :D :D :D
JAC D-KAGY
yo!

mosquito

Post by mosquito » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:52 pm

i love it :)

markjt

Post by markjt » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:46 pm

asw22pilot wrote:you have to pay to have the plane pack?
As Tim mentioned, we cannot compare aircraft models in other flight sims to Condor in this respect.

One of the main reasons Condor is so good is the amount of research, and then fine tuning by hand, of the glider performance and handling characteristics. As a RL 22 pilot I realise you have mentioned a couple of things that could be improved in Condor's 22, but is there anything else out there that comes close? I think not :)

After much discussion last year I think even the hardened "all add-ons should be free" advocates realised the dev team have to do much, much more than just collect the new gliders from their creators.

Mark
Reg-#: G-1956
Comp-#: MT

asw22pilot

Post by asw22pilot » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:09 pm

Keep drinking the Coolaide Mark.

Al

mach_one_man

Post by mach_one_man » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:06 pm

asw22pilot wrote:Keep drinking the Coolaide Mark.
I can appreciate what your saying, but I can also appreciate the developers point of view. I used to mess about modelling some cars for Racer (www.racer.nl) a while back and the modelling used to be ok, texturing took some time for me but I never really managed to release anything as it is always a lot of work to finish and sort out physics for aircraft. Hundreds of parameters have to be set to define flight characteristics which will probably take many hours per aircraft. I think they do plenty of modifications of Condor already - for free, its one of the best simulations/games I have ever been involved in for decent free upgrades, including more content - just remember the 18m class from patch 6 :D Now its not often with game developers that you get extra content free, as well as the bug fixes and small mods.

Anyway, so im really open to you getting a plane pack, for sure the offer is there that you can reciveve one for free, but you too will have to work for it. Model a glider yourself and the whole community will enjoy the great benefits. Wouldn't it be nice to put something back into the community? I at the moment am working on a K13, the progress is slow as I am busy with work, but I really do hope I can complete it (got a 3 week Easter break soon) and put something back into the community as well as earn myself a plane pack :wink:

I would love to see as many people creating new gliders as possible, do however realise you are one of the lucky few who already has one of their favortie gldiers in Condor - the ASW22 im guessing? Anyway just a little guide from me. Personally I think the offer of a free plane pack is not one to be missed, considering all of teh work and effort they have to put into creating them. :lol:

EDIT: oops, I do just appreciated that I have totally overrun the topic with this post, please could we get back on topic, this is a beautiful glider for Condor and its very, very nice Lesco. As im sure you will finish it as well as you have with you other wonderful creations so I look forward to seeing it in the Condor world - hopefully over some new sceneries too :shock:

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:28 pm

mach_one_man wrote:please could we get back on topic
Ok,

Will you aso modell the 26m Winglet version?
Imo it looks even better then