Duo discus

Everything related to developing the new gliders for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

Tomzy97

Duo discus

Post by Tomzy97 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:25 pm

Hello,

i just started with 3d modeling, so as a glider enthusiast i had to make a glider :D . I know my model has many mistakes compared to a real
Duo, but i will try to polish them out. I will also continue with modeling of cockpit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OXO
Condor Team

Re: Duo discus

Post by OXO » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:58 pm

That looks nice, and if you are doing it for your own fun then fine. :)

But, I already have a Duo fully complete. ;)

http://www.condorsoaring.com/

So if you want to make a plane which could get into Condor, then pm me.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

BenFest

Post by BenFest » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:47 am

Good model. Keep it going. As Chris said, we already have a Duo. Maybe another Plane would be more interesting :?: :!:

Be precise and accurate. I instantly saw many parts that need to be polished. Sadly sometimes you can't polish them later. Good luck and I hope you enjoy doing it.

Don't miss OXOs offer :wink:

Ben
Ben Fest
D-2701 - BF

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:04 am

If anybody reading this is interested, we have a new way of bringing plane modellers up to speed. All will be announced properly on the new website later.

But for now, what we propose to new guys who are learning how to model-

- Make a towplane first. Its easier, faster to build, and less work for me to get into Condor. I will help with instruction (google hangouts), reviewing the model as you progress. we will then be able to get it into Condor, usually within 4 weeks or so, and you can see the results.

If you still like modelling after this, make a glider. Whatever you choose :)

If you dont know what to choose, ask me - I have a list of gliders we would like.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:41 am

Would you be interested in an old Towplane, like the Storch, or it's French version MS500-505?
Storch-MS505.jpg
I've been modelling it as a static object for a future scenery, and it's naturally edgy shape suits well to a low polygon number construction.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:53 am

dgtfer wrote:Would you be interested in an old Towplane, like the Storch, or it's French version MS500-505?
Storch-MS505.jpg
I've been modelling it as a static object for a future scenery, and it's naturally edgy shape suits well to a low polygon number construction.
Yes, looks nice :)

I should say we dont have the low poly requirement any more with Condor2. One of the planes is 48000 vertices with pilot.

So towplanes 15-20000 vertices is ok!

I have sent you pm with my contact details
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team