Bad news

Everything related to developing the new gliders for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

OXO
Condor Team

Re: Bad news

Post by OXO » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:30 pm

FOLGORE 71 wrote:Well finally the two clear answers I was looking for.
Last question: in that period of time is thought to be available the V2 (approximately)
Many thanks Luigi.
http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... &start=186
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Olympia

Post by Olympia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:07 pm

OXO wrote:For goodness sake Alistair, just put a sock in it.

It's clear that your main interest is in complaining.

Before we brought out pp2, you were moaning that there were no new planes. Then after we released it, you then moaned that other planes were not in it.

Now, even before we bring out V2 you are already complaining that your choice of plane is not in it.

Nothing you say will have any effect on Condor planning and development, and this is because you don't make clear, reasonable, and pleasantly put requests.

So, just relax mate, and enjoy what we already have. When V2 comes, enjoy that. If at that point you have a suggestion, state it in a pleasant manner.
Calm down Chris. You seem to think that because you are the only active moderator that you somehow OWN Condor. I don't think so. The 9000+ people who have bought it own just as much of Condor as you do. So please stop telling me what I may fairly comment on here . My initial post was in response to a post YOU MADE regarding the ASK 21. Now I did nothing but report the FACTS. These other geezers who joined in are the real malefactors. Why don't you criticise them?

In regard to 'complaining' I think if you were made to wait nine years for something with only odd little snidey comments like "it's ready when it's ready" I guess you might complain as well.
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW

phercek

Post by phercek » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:47 am

Olympia, I think the only way how you can get ASK 21 to Condor quickly is to contact developers and ask them how much would it cost to add it. Then organize a "group buy" for it. People who want ASK 21 would pool their resources to raise the required amount.

Olympia

Post by Olympia » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:12 pm

phercek wrote:Olympia, I think the only way how you can get ASK 21 to Condor quickly is to contact developers and ask them how much would it cost to add it. Then organize a "group buy" for it. People who want ASK 21 would pool their resources to raise the required amount.
Great idea, but it has been tried before, and we got no response from the developers. I'm afraid if you want to do this sort of thing you need to find someone who can create a whole new sim. Only the computer buffs on here could guess how much that might cost.

I've given up on this quest for information. No one else seems to care, so why should I? All I get is flak and abuse and I'm tired of the apathy on here.

OGOM
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW

Flightbase

Post by Flightbase » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:13 pm

I do really wonder, what Olympia will do all day long... after V2 is released :shock:
The first time you'll get a Microsoft product, that doesn't suck, will be the day they start producing vacuum cleaners.

John Verschoor

Post by John Verschoor » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:45 pm

I think we will see Olympia's non stop nagging for another decade about V3!

Regards,

John 76

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:48 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys

uxbridge

Post by uxbridge » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:35 am

Olympia wrote:Only the computer buffs on here could guess how much that might cost (...)
I have some experience on this field which allow me to make a rough estimate:
3 experienced and very good developers plus a good team leader/project manager on a 18 month contract. Contract jobs are paid better than permanent ones, I would expect something between 50.000 and 60.000 GBP per team member per year (in the UK). In continental Europe it would be roughly the same number in EUR. Al in all it gives us 300.000 - 360.000 GBP/EUR for the initial, stable release. Later, the project could go Open Source and further development would be done by a community.
If the project started as OS form the beginning it would be much cheaper but also take significantly longer with a huge risk of failure. Of course one could find a company/developers which will do the job cheaper but again, with much bigger risk.
Anyway, I wouldn't even think about running such a project on commercial basis without at least 300.000 GBP/EUR secured budget as a start.

phercek

Post by phercek » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:50 pm

uxbridge wrote: Contract jobs are paid better than permanent ones, I would expect something between 50.000 and 60.000 GBP per team member per year (in the UK). In continental Europe it would be roughly the same number in EUR.
You can get the very best ones in eastern EU for about 40.000 - 50.000 € a year. They would do definitely better than the average ones in more advanced economies. Well it does not save that much, but 50.000 € a year for a contractor in Austria or Germany sounds too low to me. I know some example numbers from Austria and the best ones there are above 80 € per hour. So I guess the average ones would want about 40 € per hour at least which leads to about 80.000 € per year.
And when selecting software developers you typically want the good ones at least. The per person productivity differences can be in the range of 1 : 10 easily.