PP 3 Planes

Everything related to developing the new gliders for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

flyin_kevin

PP 3 Planes

Post by flyin_kevin » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:24 pm

Hey guys,

I'm really thrilled of the plane packs until now.

However, I actually do have a few questions, or better: I'd like to post right here some wishes for the development of teh next Plane Pack coming...

1. What about some more double-seated planes?
a) what about "Grob 103 Twin III (Acro)" ?!
b) what about the new "Arcus" ?! ;-)

2. Fascinated by the latest planes, like ASG 29, I'm really interested in an motorised version....
So, what about some motorised models of planes, like: p.e.
a) ASG 29 E (my absolute fav!!)
b) Arcus T

3. At least a question referring to the motorisation:
Will it be possible, while flying a motorised plane, to log it in the flighttrack-log, like in real life - p.e. via an enginge-probe?!

Dear DEVELOPERS:
Please, listen, and read out, my requests - I discussed a lot with other Condor and real-life pilots, gliders, ... and we all would really enjoy in future having also planes with an (help-/emergency-)engine!
It was, and is the future of soaring in real life, and in fact it should be also the future in the virtual world of soaring.
As far as Condor is, and should be the best soaring simulator you can get... in my opinion it's absolutely essential to go with this trend!

So, I hope I could show you my, or better the Condor Soaring Comminties interest...
and, I'm looking forward to the first insights to the next plane pack! (hopefully with an ASG 29 E ;) )

Best regs,
~ Kevin.

(D-1101, KF)

stuarteggerton

Re: PP 3 Planes

Post by stuarteggerton » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:34 am

I have just thought of a practical application for adding functionality for motorised gliders to Condor. They can be used for training! Sometimes if you are just learning to fly and have not yet mastered using thermals to stay up or ridge lift etc then a motor gives you longer to search (could be a fuel limit imposed?) and also more area can be covered than from a typical aerotow or winch launch. Also a motorised glider can climb way above mountain ridges making identification of wave lift easier? just my thoughts :D

stuarteggerton

Post by stuarteggerton » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:39 am

Carrying on from previous message, a motorised glider could become a normal glider in multiplayer races by somehow having a tab to disable the engine, like the tabs we have to disable thermal helpers etc, although a motorised glider would be heavier than a non-motorised glider, so I would expect it would fly in a similar manner to a water ballasted glider and could make slotting it into the correct class for competitions a bit tricky.

pzg

Post by pzg » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:34 pm

You can do the this as mentioned in your post. If you're flying offline you can enable Q, works more or less the same but without animatios. IMHO motogliders are bad idea for condor.
Best regards!
ImageImage

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:51 pm

pzg wrote:you can enable Q, works more or less the same but without animatios
Good one! :D And true! :mrgreen:

PS
Kevin: Try X-Plane or FSX maybe...
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

kristoffer

Post by kristoffer » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:58 pm

stuarteggerton wrote:Carrying on from previous message, a motorised glider could become a normal glider in multiplayer races by somehow having a tab to disable the engine, like the tabs we have to disable thermal helpers etc, although a motorised glider would be heavier than a non-motorised glider, so I would expect it would fly in a similar manner to a water ballasted glider and could make slotting it into the correct class for competitions a bit tricky.
A glider with turbo flies indeed like a glider with some ballast.
Compeeting with these gliders are now very common in the real soaring world. When the engine is started out on task, the logger detects the noise from the engine and the glider is than scored as outlanded at the position of engine startup. This system can also be used in Condor. When the engine starts, the FTR can mark the position and this will be detected by the scoring systems just like in real. Selflaunch and turbogliders would be sweet in Condor, but I don't think that it is the most important feature in a soaring simulator. I think the developers have quite limited time to work on Condor, and they rather want to focus on the weathermodel, compability with hardware/software etc...

Cheers!
Kriss

stuarteggerton

Post by stuarteggerton » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:32 pm

Haha pzg you are right just use 'q' ! must have had a blonde moment lol!