Plane Pack 3/ New Plane Pack

Everything related to developing the new gliders for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

Ard

Condor plane pack 3 development

Post by Ard » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Hèhè, zo everybody can start skreaming again :)

terry1954

Re: Condor plane pack 3 development

Post by terry1954 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Terry Foster

Comp No. TF1

Sephiroth0014

Post by Sephiroth0014 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:35 pm

ImageImage

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:38 pm

My favourite ;)
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Benedikt

Post by Benedikt » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Please give us sometimes some informations and ask for help.

Bot don't give any dates, because you're doing a great job in your freetime, so take the time you, and result will be great as PP2 (Thanks a lot!).

Ard

Post by Ard » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Is it finished yet, when is the releasedate.. OXO please! help!

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Benedikt wrote:Please give us sometimes some informations and ask for help.

Bot don't give any dates, because you're doing a great job in your freetime, so take the time you, and result will be great as PP2 (Thanks a lot!).
It is nice to have your interest in this, but I can't do plane packs in this public way again. There was too much stress from complainers.

But I will be working ..
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Benedikt

Post by Benedikt » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Ok, I understand that.

But let us help, if you need help!

Sephiroth0014

Post by Sephiroth0014 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:36 am

All we are living at this moment are, for the most part, because many peoples (as me too) have asked many times, since more than a week, the same question with many differents presentations, like :

- Is it ready ?

Did you want to have sames problems, like for P14 & PP2, for next Patch and plane pack ? ;)
ImageImage

kevin6062

Post by kevin6062 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:21 am

:shock:

Benedikt

Post by Benedikt » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:58 am

Sephiroth0014 wrote:All we are living at this moment are, for the most part, because many peoples (as me too) have asked many times, since more than a week, the same question with many differents presentations, like :

- Is it ready ?

Did you want to have sames problems, like for P14 & PP2, for next Patch and plane pack ? ;)
One clear fact, in nearly all of my posts is, that the developer should take the time they need, I'm interested in facts and want a good pp3 or patch. I don't want to know when something is released, I want that things will be released when the developer say, ok it's ready!

blink62

Post by blink62 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:57 pm

The Club Class PP2 looks great.
For PP3, please just give an update (with pictures :mrgreen: ) every once
in a while. Keep up the great work~

fanjules

Post by fanjules » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am

I thought I would add my tuppence. If you've created a simulation that caters for competition flight from the outset, it's unsurprising that most of your users are interested in multiplayer racing and not in flying the historic machines.

I myself am new to Condor, initially not buying because the plane list looked a little - how can I put it - boring and "samey". I'm a casual user, so just fly for fun - I would love to have more time available to fly in races and be good at it. However, what time I do spend in Condor I like to be quality time - and am happy to spend money to get good stuff that is fun and entertaining. Anyway, when I heard PP2 was available, I thought maybe there would be more interesting planes - and in any case development looked vibrant. With no details of the plane list on the main site, obviously I should have checked the forum first. To put it mildly, I was a little disappointed when I realised the planes in PP2 were more of the same. I still bought it, in any case, the Libelle being of principle interest.

Don't underestimate the value of the wider audience. By putting in a wider range of content you can appeal to more users, translating to more income. Condor has the best flight model out there right now, it's just a shame that it caters for such a narrow audience. The sim doesn't have to be changed to cater for the less serious players - we just want more interesting planes. This can add to the fun of competition too, something few appear to have cottoned on to. Imagine a Grunau Baby race, or battles between some of the American historic models. It would add variety to the racing, and much greater challenge. The really slow gliders especially could see a much tighter race with your opponents flying much closer - and races would be quite different over shorter distances. I'm not asking to change the game - just add to the range of what it can do - and all this can be done just by adding the right machines.

It doesn't have to be exclusively historic stuff either. What about microlift gliders - I would love to see the Sparrowhawk and Carbon Dragon, as well as foot launched ultralight gliders such as the Swift (complete with foot launch ridge sites added into the game, or even bungee) and my personal favourite would be to see Mike Sandlin's Goat "airchair" open glider which can be launched by rolling down a hill. The spectacle of a multiplayer race with everybody starting this way at the same time along the length of a ridge would be amazing. ;)

I like the idea that the Condor gliders are controlled by the devs to maintain a high standard, but it seems they've ran out of steam/time. An alternative is a virtual goods system (players pay something like €10 for 100 "Condor Credits"). Gliders could be developed by third parties, but they cannot be downloaded and installed manually. Instead, they are uploaded to a Condor server, where users can download and purchase them on an individual basis through the game using their Condor Credits. Condor devs receive a cut of the income, not unlike how the Apple Appstore works. Glider developers meanwhile have an emphasis to generate both realistic and high quality gliders to generate sales. Top it off with a means for players to rate and comment on downloadable gliders and you can maintain a vibrant community with fresh content as well as high quality.

My road map to take the game further would be:

* Provide a means for third parties to develop the glider flight models themselves
* Control use of those gliders in-game via a virtual goods interface which generates income
* Devs free to work on game instead of gliders, my vote being cool stuff such as bungee launch sites, foot launching, and Goat-glider roll-down-the-hill launching and fun simultaneous ridge starts ;)

Just thinking aloud, I would like to see the game remain vibrant rather than stagnate, and opening it up is one possible means to do that.

Olympia

Post by Olympia » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:50 am

+1
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:30 pm

fanjules wrote:I thought I would add my tuppence. If you've created a simulation that caters for competition flight from the outset, it's unsurprising that most of your users are interested in multiplayer racing and not in flying the historic machines.

I myself am new to Condor, initially not buying because the plane list looked a little - how can I put it - boring and "samey". I'm a casual user, so just fly for fun - I would love to have more time available to fly in races and be good at it. However, what time I do spend in Condor I like to be quality time - and am happy to spend money to get good stuff that is fun and entertaining. Anyway, when I heard PP2 was available, I thought maybe there would be more interesting planes - and in any case development looked vibrant. With no details of the plane list on the main site, obviously I should have checked the forum first. To put it mildly, I was a little disappointed when I realised the planes in PP2 were more of the same. I still bought it, in any case, the Libelle being of principle interest.

Don't underestimate the value of the wider audience. By putting in a wider range of content you can appeal to more users, translating to more income. Condor has the best flight model out there right now, it's just a shame that it caters for such a narrow audience. The sim doesn't have to be changed to cater for the less serious players - we just want more interesting planes. This can add to the fun of competition too, something few appear to have cottoned on to. Imagine a Grunau Baby race, or battles between some of the American historic models. It would add variety to the racing, and much greater challenge. The really slow gliders especially could see a much tighter race with your opponents flying much closer - and races would be quite different over shorter distances. I'm not asking to change the game - just add to the range of what it can do - and all this can be done just by adding the right machines.

It doesn't have to be exclusively historic stuff either. What about microlift gliders - I would love to see the Sparrowhawk and Carbon Dragon, as well as foot launched ultralight gliders such as the Swift (complete with foot launch ridge sites added into the game, or even bungee) and my personal favourite would be to see Mike Sandlin's Goat "airchair" open glider which can be launched by rolling down a hill. The spectacle of a multiplayer race with everybody starting this way at the same time along the length of a ridge would be amazing. ;)

I like the idea that the Condor gliders are controlled by the devs to maintain a high standard, but it seems they've ran out of steam/time. An alternative is a virtual goods system (players pay something like €10 for 100 "Condor Credits"). Gliders could be developed by third parties, but they cannot be downloaded and installed manually. Instead, they are uploaded to a Condor server, where users can download and purchase them on an individual basis through the game using their Condor Credits. Condor devs receive a cut of the income, not unlike how the Apple Appstore works. Glider developers meanwhile have an emphasis to generate both realistic and high quality gliders to generate sales. Top it off with a means for players to rate and comment on downloadable gliders and you can maintain a vibrant community with fresh content as well as high quality.

My road map to take the game further would be:

* Provide a means for third parties to develop the glider flight models themselves
* Control use of those gliders in-game via a virtual goods interface which generates income
* Devs free to work on game instead of gliders, my vote being cool stuff such as bungee launch sites, foot launching, and Goat-glider roll-down-the-hill launching and fun simultaneous ridge starts ;)

Just thinking aloud, I would like to see the game remain vibrant rather than stagnate, and opening it up is one possible means to do that.
Hi, welcome to the forum. The things you suggest have been mentioned before.. but we did hold a user poll in the autumn about condor planes. You can see the results here:-

http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... =4&t=11864
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team