Plane Pack 3/ New Plane Pack

Everything related to developing the new gliders for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

rsm

Re: Plane Pack 3/ New Plane Pack

Post by rsm » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:21 pm

any news :oops: :roll: :shock:
Gliding=fun

T.Williamson

Post by T.Williamson » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Its gone very quiet recently. its got me on edge. perhaps the condor team are close 8) :roll:

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:54 pm

T.Williamson wrote:Its gone very quiet recently. its got me on edge. perhaps the condor team are close 8) :roll:
lol

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:53 pm

Have you been doing any beta testing Tom? :D
Condor CN = E20

Strider69

Post by Strider69 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:32 am

Andy1248 wrote:Have you been doing any beta testing Tom? :D
Only beta testing he's been doing is beating his meat Lool :lol: :lol:
Basil Fawlty (RCB)

Tom

Post by Tom » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Andy1248 wrote:Have you been doing any beta testing Tom? :D
No just Lol'ing at yest another its quiet so must be close post

Olympia

Post by Olympia » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Do you all realise it is now eight, EIGHT years since the 3D model of the ASK21 was submitted to the developers for them to do their bit. It was supposed to be in PP2. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. :shock: :shock:

I rest my case.
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW

TheSoarer151

Post by TheSoarer151 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:12 pm

And it's been EIGHT years of non-stop complaining by Olympia! I am sure that if you put your efforts into developing another simulator in that timeframe, we would have the most immersive glider flying experience ever! But alas, that is not so.

But really Olympia, it's commendable that you're not running out of steam. I'll be going and flying a task now in the best glider simulator in existence.

Regards,
Daniel Sazhin

Lanti

Post by Lanti » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:48 pm

I'm a happy Condor customer since 2005. 9 years from now. Lot of things happened in the last 9 years. With me and with the IT world also.

Now I can play this game on my gaming laptop with 100fps, full graphic, 32x AA. 9 years ago I played in 25fps at 1024x768. :)

Condor still looks awesome and still the best glider simulator ever. But not means it's perfect. Being still the best means in the last 9 years innovation was ZERO! This is not an argument for Condor. This is an argument for the other developers how also made glider simulators. Condor was a quantum leap in the glider simulation and still great. Still enjoyable. This a big word for any game that has 9 years of lifetime.

I think it's really time for version 2. We want better graphical engine (anyone played with Aerofly FS, War Thunder?), more planes, rewritten flight module, rewritten weather module, two seater multiplayer experience ("I have controls. You have controls."), better SDK.

I think with proper SDK, flight model scripting for new gliders can be outsourced for modellers. We live in now a community driven (and developed) world. You know why companies with small team can't compete with Wordpress CMS or they can't offer more stable, secure OS's for servers/companies just like UNIX based Linux systems? Because they developed not by a small team, but hundreds, thousends of people around the globe. I think it's time to re-think for Condor developers the sharing restrictions about the plane packs (and giving up the money for them). Imagine this Wordpress like developer situation: for example, there are 2 modellers and 10 developers whose working on the ASH-25 for Condor. Most of them flying this plane in the real life also. They connecting with each other on the same developer network and uploading newer versions into the same reposit. Honestly, I don't think that the flight model and the quality of the plane be much worse than what (made) by the Condor developers...

Now we live in the indy world of Kickstarter. Now It's easier to make Condor V2 than ever. But first, open planes, well documented SDK and community driven developer network.

Olympia

Post by Olympia » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:54 pm

In your dreams buddy! I doubt there will ever be a V.2. Nor any more planes. Get used to it- we all have by now. Sad but true, I'm afraid what we have now is all we are going to have.
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)

Olympia

Re: Condor plane pack 3 development

Post by Olympia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:31 pm

OXO wrote:
Benedikt wrote:Please give us sometimes some informations and ask for help.

Bot don't give any dates, because you're doing a great job in your freetime, so take the time you, and result will be great as PP2 (Thanks a lot!).
It is nice to have your interest in this, but I can't do plane packs in this public way again. There was too much stress from complainers.

But I will be working ..
Well that's another three years gone by. You say you are working? I think it is high time you and the developers came clean, and said there are to be no further updates to Condor then we can all settle down and start looking for alternatives. I'd hate to make a laughing stock of myself in the way you have.
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)

VST

Post by VST » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:42 pm

Olympia wrote:I rest my case.
:?

Doggy

Post by Doggy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:12 pm

I just went again through all this thread, refreshing my memory...
and I think that planes are actually ready for release. Just the V2 is not. That can explain sudden silence after revealing the list of planes.
Hope to see the V2 this year ;) (i know, when it's ready)

T.Williamson

Post by T.Williamson » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:14 pm

more like never. i used to be optimistic round here but now i see its totally pointless. sorry but its true.

Tim :(

Svenmeister

Post by Svenmeister » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:58 pm

You only have to take a look at the Condor homepage. The News hasn't been updated since April 24, 2013!

That's got to tell you something.

I won't be holding my breath for PP3.

Ian.