Club Class Plane Pack Development thread

Everything related to developing the new gliders for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

terry1954

Re: Club Class Plane Pack Development thread

Post by terry1954 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Alistair, it seems you have a problem, but that problem is only yours and yours only, please try to be a little bit civil to other forum members, and if you are so clever, try developing a competitor to Condor, or develop your own plane pack with your favourite gliders, you are very good at complaining and moaning but contribute f*** all to Condor, other than giving everybody else a laugh on how NOT to grow old gracefully.

Yours most respectfully.
Terry Foster

Comp No. TF1

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:18 pm

Olympia wrote:
OXO wrote:I can't see the point in this discussion Alistair. You have been nagging all year for this plane pack. Now it's here you don't want it because it doesn't have any planes you want.. yet you knew all along what would be in it.

Correction Chris, I have NOT been nagging about the CC plane pack or even V.2 (long promised, but lost in the long grass). I have been complaining about two things;
First, virtually no communication from GR and Uros for getting on three years or more. Second your coy comments and teasing with the IRWIR approach to every question put by people (not me, I have to add) about progress on the original PP2 which you have overtaken with your own PP2. I have never once mentioned any interest in CC (you can search the forum for evidence of that statement). I AM interested in the original second Plane Pack mainly because it contains the ASK21 which I would like to fly. Why you chose to bypass this with your own pack I find baffling as it all it seems to have done is put the original PP2 back by a year or more. Why? Why?

If you can't appreciate how annoying this is then you must be an extremely insensitive person.

Alistair
Well I looked, and found this:-
Olympia wrote:At last we have some sensible news. :o At least I think we have. The plane pack is 'complete' - you heard it here folks - hurrah! You had better deliver on this OXO, or your credibility rating will be less than zero. I reckon it's only just above that as it is. :roll:
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Cookie

Post by Cookie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:43 pm

This Alistair guy is a really angry man isn't he?? :lol: :lol: I think he may have some personal issues he needs to deal with. :lol: :lol:

Personally, I think this is all great! Being quite new to Condor, I have been surprised and very grateful for all the input that so many members of the community put in to this simulator. Without all of this then I would probably still be flying the Nimbus 4 (badly) round Provence every day :lol:

When I have had any problems, especially when I had to wipe my hard drive and start again, I know that there is someone out there that can help me straight away. Thanks all :D :D

I can't imagine the work that must go in to a Plane Pack, good enough to put out there for every one to enjoy. I think we should be very grateful for the hard work even if you don't agree with some of the things that have happened!!

"You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time!"

Lots of love, peace and chips :) :)
Tony Cook (TC9)
"Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned forever skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return" Leonardo Da Vinci

wickid

Post by wickid » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Don't forget the cookies :lol:
PH-1504, KOE

peppers_machine

Post by peppers_machine » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Having downloaded and used PP2 I think it's fantastic. You guys have done a brill job.

Many thanks.
TonyL

Reg: G-DCYG
Comp No: TL3

Brian

Post by Brian » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:00 pm

One more thing about the gear:
In external view if you zoom on the gear you can see that it's not rollin, just sliding on the ground. I didn't know if this worked better before pp2, I just recognized it. (used jantar)

Greets

Strider69

Post by Strider69 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Brian wrote:One more thing about the gear:
In external view if you zoom on the gear you can see that it's not rollin, just sliding on the ground. I didn't know if this worked better before pp2, I just recognized it. (used jantar)

Greets
Did you look at it before the plane pack? :?:
Basil Fawlty (RCB)

Brian

Post by Brian » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:32 pm

Strider69 wrote:

Greets
Did you read what I wrote? :D

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Brian wrote:
Strider69 wrote:

Greets
Did you read what I wrote? :D
It has always been like this.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:57 pm

If you look closely you will see the tire isn't exactly round either.
Because the wheel doesn't actually turn, it is a bit worn off allready..
Think positive, flaps negative.

Strider69

Post by Strider69 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:04 am

Bet there's no skid marks either. :roll:
Basil Fawlty (RCB)

mattmckrell

Post by mattmckrell » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:09 am

OK, I've got a question about how the handicaps are used. Today I flew a task (in the ASW-19, igc=101)
against another pilot flying a plane with a higher handicap (the LS-4, igc=105). In the RL club class and
sports class contests that I've flown the handicap is used to adjust the speed that you flew. However,
at the end of the flight only our raw times were shown (see below). Is it up to a contest organizer to
adjust the speeds for handicap themselves?

Thanks,
-- Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mattmckrell

Post by mattmckrell » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:43 am

OK, I'll reply to my own post: I do see that the score for the ASW-19 is higher (even though
it flew the task a few seconds slower than the LS-4, it does have a higher handicap).
However, the contest organizer is just scoring the raw times. I'll have to go after them.

-- Matt

binky9

Post by binky9 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:09 pm

I made my first cross country in the PP2 Libelle, last night, over an Alpi 3.3 course I last flew about a year ago in an ASG29. It was Sion to Innesbruck, in a minute faster than in the ASG29. The Libelle has still got it! :D

binky9

peppers_machine

Post by peppers_machine » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:55 am

Absolutely right Binky9.

This is from a UK article in 2009, "Andy Davis won the HusBos Midland Regionals flying a Libelle loaned to him by Jon Meyer who came second in a DG505M Orion flying with Rachel Hine. Matt Davis came a well flown third in a Std Cirrus. Fourth was Paul Crabb (Ventus 2ax) and Fifth was David Booth (LS8)"

Wish I could get my RL Libelle to go like that!
TonyL

Reg: G-DCYG
Comp No: TL3