PG and HG

Everything related to developing the new gliders for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

eric.carden

Re: PG and HG

Post by eric.carden » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Any news regarding any intentions to make a hang glider for Condor? I just started using Condor this year and am loving it. I'm a hang glider pilot, though, and would like to be able to more accurately simulate my glider's performance. Even the lowest-performance sailplane for which I've found data (the PW2) wouldn't quite cut it. The PW2's best L/D is only 10% or so higher than that of my HG, but the PW2 gets that L/D at an airspeed about 35% higher than my HG's best L/D airspeed. I sometimes "fake" my HG's L/D in Condor by using spoilers on glides, but that doesn't quite cut it, because I'm still gliding at much higher speeds, which gets me to the next thermal much sooner than in my HG.

I understand that there might be significant challenges to building a Condor HG (very different visual model, no rudder, variable geometry system, etc.). I'd be pretty happy, though, with just a fictitious sailplane with the same performance polar as that of a typical high-performance HG. I don't really care what the glider looks like, so an existing visual model could be used. That would be a very good start, giving me 90% of what I want out of a Condor HG. I'm willing to help however I can to make this happen. I've built a crude scenery project for my local real-world flying area and would like to use Condor's great thermal simulation to practice a record-setting HG route I intend to fly.

What do you say, Condor team?

Thanks,

Eric

Olympia

Post by Olympia » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Man, you are an optimist! We can't get more real sailplanes for Condor (PP3) so fictitious ones are not very likely to happen.
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW

drgonzo

Post by drgonzo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:25 pm

any news 'bout lines and textile?
Dr. Gonzo is flying OZONE Rush 3