Force Feedback

Moderators: Uros, OXO, BenFest

johngfoster

Force Feedback

Post by johngfoster » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:59 am

I know that Condor2 provides support for using the Microsoft Force Feedback joystick, which is great. However, it seems (and I may be wrong here), that it is a generic force feedback that applies to any glider in the simulator. Is it possible to program in specific force feedback settings for individual gliders? The reason why I bring this up, is we now have at least two gliders with all-flying elevators (Std Cirrus and ASW-15). Typically the stick forces on the elevator are really light as a result of this, and I am wondering if it is possible to have this as part of the specific characteristics of these two gliders--almost no force feedback on the elevator, but normal (or otherwise appropriate) on the ailerons. I imagine it could be a significant amount of work to do this, but I don't know. It would be nice though, for those of us who fly all-flying tail gliders in real life. Just wondering.

johngfoster

Re: Force Feedback

Post by johngfoster » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:02 am

Anyone?

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:14 am

Added to the growing list for Condor 3. Thanks !
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

2P

Post by 2P » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:57 pm

That sounds good :wink:
Since I extended my MS Sidewinder FFB2 joystick, it feels too weak because of the longer lever arm. A possibility to adjust the force feedback (if possible related to the different glider types) would of course be awesome. In my case it should generally be stronger.
I also have an FFB2 stick with a modification of the current limiting resistor. This doubles the force feedback. But that's too strong again :roll: and I should be able to adjust it to a weaker level for Condor.
Patrick Portmann 2P

johngfoster

Post by johngfoster » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:50 am

OXO wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:14 am
Added to the growing list for Condor 3. Thanks !
Thanks.

almostpilot

Post by almostpilot » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:11 pm

I am new and I bought a FF2 after reading about it in the forum.
I have a question for those who fly IRL:
In the settings page we can adjust the "force" of the joystick. I currently have it in the middle. Which is the setting that best simulates the forces felt in a real "average" single seater glider? I understand that as of now the force feedback is not adjustable for each individual glider.
Thanks

timbaeyens

Post by timbaeyens » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:21 am

2P wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:57 pm
That sounds good :wink:
Since I extended my MS Sidewinder FFB2 joystick, it feels too weak because of the longer lever arm. A possibility to adjust the force feedback (if possible related to the different glider types) would of course be awesome. In my case it should generally be stronger.
I also have an FFB2 stick with a modification of the current limiting resistor. This doubles the force feedback. But that's too strong again :roll: and I should be able to adjust it to a weaker level for Condor.
Replace the resistors with potmeters?
TT

2P

Post by 2P » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:47 am

Replace the resistors with potmeters?
What exactly do you mean by potmeter? How and where should they be soldered on? The resistors are extremely small and it was very difficult to solder them to the existing ones on the board.
Patrick Portmann 2P

Mugeo

Post by Mugeo » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:40 am

What exactly do you mean by potmeter?
I think they mean a potentiometer/trimpot. Sounds like a good idea but would probably require you to mount the potentiometer on the case somewhere and then wire them to the pcb (If you want to be able to adjust the potentiometer without opening the enclosure).

I haven't replaced my resistors though - so I don't know how easy that would be to do in practice. I might buy a second joystick to try it out.