SZD-51-1 Junior

Moderators: Uros, OXO, BenFest

IgnacyEPPI

Re: SZD-51-1 Junior

Post by IgnacyEPPI » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:22 pm

Hi,
I have started my work on SZD-51, and here is what I already did. I did not know should I start a new topic or show it here so I have decided to put it here. Is there any trick how to gently connect wings and fuselage (now they are separate)?
3.png
If someone want to see more shots of my work ask.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JShieck

Post by JShieck » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:55 pm

Nice job so far :!:

(You planned to adjust some things at the nose and the bottom of the tail plane?.)

About how to cut the wing at penetration area to the fuselage: I sadly don't know ...

IgnacyEPPI

Post by IgnacyEPPI » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:02 pm

JShieck wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:55 pm
(You planned to adjust some things at the nose and the bottom of the tail plane?.)
Yes, i have to :P As i said previously, currently I am waiting for some advise about connection of the fuselage-wings and tail-fin so as you might see tail is not finished and thats the reason.

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:37 am

The way I did my planes is to get a reference image of the wingprofile. Put it on the fuselage and then with the sideview (numpad 3) draw the outline of the wing on the fuselage. Extrude this in X and scale down till you get the fillet to the wing correct. This needs several extrudes to get is smooth.

Extrude the wing from there and then loop cut it to make it a separate object.

I see other issues however. Way too little vertices on the cockpit inside for example. Also condor doesn't do "double sided" faces. Also the cockpit edge has thickness in real life.
PH-1504, KOE

IgnacyEPPI

Post by IgnacyEPPI » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:35 am

wickid wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:37 am
Also condor doesn't do "double sided" faces. Also the cockpit edge has thickness in real life.
What do you mean by "double sided faces"?

As for the thickness of the cockpit edge, i knew that but i had not done it then, now it is done. Do you still think there are too little vertices as for the cockpit?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:13 am

That looks a bit better. Check the bottom of the fuselage. I see several distinct "kinks". Even though you have plenty of vertices, the shape isn't smooth.

What I mean by double sided faces: turn backface culling on in the material properties. Then you get an idea how it will look in Condor. By default Blender shows all faces as double sided. In Condor a face is only solid from one side.

Also you don't need the holes for the instruments. They are separate 3D objects that get added by the Condor team.

Doesn't look too bad at this stage. What I would recommend though is finishing the outside first. It will save you double work having to adjust the inside if the outside shape needs changing. Like with the wing fuselage junction and the bottom of the cockpit.

Maybe join the modeling discord. We are happy to give you pointers on how to do certain parts or area's
PH-1504, KOE

Mojoke

Post by Mojoke » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:56 pm

How's this coming on? Is it close to flyable yet? I want one! :wink:

wickid

Post by wickid » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:46 pm

Mojoke wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:56 pm
How's this coming on? Is it close to flyable yet? I want one! :wink:
No news after the post above. He did not join the discord.
PH-1504, KOE