Copy glider physics or cockpit modding Grunau Baby | SG 38

Moderators: Uros, OXO, BenFest

Sebb123

Copy glider physics or cockpit modding Grunau Baby | SG 38

Post by Sebb123 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:07 am

As a paraglider pilot I love the Condor simulation. THX for this awesome Software and specially the VR support.

I would like to enhance the cockpit for the old gliders to get a feeling as near on paragliding as possible. I use the old gliders for their physics and dont care much about the cockpit look. I managed to add the electronic vario to the Cockpit by editing the .gau files. Whats missing is the PDA (handheld) for navigation and other support.

Is there a way to mod the PDA from other cockpits into the Grunau Baby or SG 38? For me its OK if it does not look realistic in the cockpit I just need the functionality of the PDA.
In what files is the Information for the PDA or the information for the glider physics? If I cannot move the PDA perhaps I can move the physics of the SG38 to the Blanik for example.
Every suggestion on getting old glider physics with PDA and acoustic vario are also appreciated.

As a feature request I would like to have a options swich to add the PDA on all glider. :D :D

wickid

Re: Copy glider physics or cockpit modding Grunau Baby | SG 38

Post by wickid » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:03 am

Sebb123 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:07 am
Is there a way to mod the PDA from other cockpits into the Grunau Baby or SG 38? For me its OK if it does not look realistic in the cockpit I just need the functionality of the PDA.
You can switch instruments. They are contained in the .GAU file for each glider. Have a look at other gliders which gauges there are.
In what files is the Information for the PDA or the information for the glider physics?
The PDA is in the gliders 3D model. You cannot modify these files. The physics I'm not quite sure but they are protected and cannot be moved from plane to plane. It will cause a blue screen if you try.
If I cannot move the PDA perhaps I can move the physics of the SG38 to the Blanik for example.
As I wrote above, no you cannot. All the glider flight models are protected for good reason. If they were modifiable they would not be fair in competition.
Every suggestion on getting old glider physics with PDA and acoustic vario are also appreciated.
Acoustic vario can be done by replacing [Vario] with [Evario] and [Vario-i] with [Evario-i] in the gau file. Make sure you also change the "a=0.4747" with "a=0.40186" to have the needle centered correctly. You can open GAU files with any text editor.

PDA I can't help you with. Condor doesn't output an NMEA stream if the glider doesn't have a PDA as far as I know.
PH-1504, KOE

Sebb123

Post by Sebb123 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:06 pm

Nice, thank you wickid!

:D Hopefully in some next releases the DEVs can add the PDA switch or open the plane models for modding. I don't know condors structure. To prevent cheating its good to keep or validate game changing functionality on the server. This could also be done with the glider physics.

wickid

Post by wickid » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:27 pm

Sebb123 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:06 pm
Nice, thank you wickid!

:D Hopefully in some next releases the DEVs can add the PDA switch or open the plane models for modding. I don't know condors structure. To prevent cheating its good to keep or validate game changing functionality on the server. This could also be done with the glider physics.
The file integrity is checked by the server. The plane models will never be opened up for modding. Condor policy is to have a realistic as possible planes.
Condor 2, enables enthusiasts to include their gliders into the sim. The process is however somewhat different from the other flight simulations which also enable user created planes.

The goal of Condor 2 is to have high quality 3d glider objects as well as high quality flight models. What is more, since the Condor is all about competition flying there must be a level playing field with gliders being identical and having realistic performances. This means that the only way to achieve the said criteria is with the moderated approach.
This comes from the announcements at the top of this forum :wink:
PH-1504, KOE