Stemme S12

Moderators: Uros, OXO, BenFest

pgas

Stemme S12

Post by pgas » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:32 pm

I just bought the Stemme.
I can retract and start the motor but the trottle?
- How should the trottle be used or other features?

thanks
Paul
-

pgas

Re: Stemme S12

Post by pgas » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:02 pm

I found : Throttle up = O
Throttle down= I,

but the "i" does not work.

please help

pgas

Post by pgas » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:07 pm

Condors setup automatically filled in the “o” for throttle up but left the letter for throttle down blanc!
Probably a bug.....

pandem

Post by pandem » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:24 am

Dear Moderators and Happy Christmas to all!

I am making a lesson plan for a standard pattern for the Stemme with the engine ON. It is my hope that this will help to teach take off and landing skills in this tail dragger giant!
I've noticed the motorglider simulated actions do not 'replay' and have made notes below.

I am flying the Stemme on Condor 2.15 and Hangar 17 with:
- MS Sidewinder with pitch and bank assigned- using the Sidewinder slider as 'Airbrakes'.
- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
- A Saitek Flight Yoke with:
'Throttle' assigned to the black throttle handle and
'Extract motor' assigned to the blue 'pitch' handle placed in the left side of the cockpit.
This works well in free flight and the set-up is like the S12 (you switch hands on the stick -- left hand stick for power mode,
right hand stick for glider mode)

In free flight, the handling feels realistic (so far I only have 6 hrs of real S12 time logged to compare) and the cockpit simulation for the nose cone, engine start and airbrakes is great. The throttle and flap movements are not simulated, and I understand that it would be a slippery slope to try and simulate all the switches that have to be controlled on a Stemme take-off and landing. I congratulate the Condor team on this beautiful model!

If I 'save replay' then on 'view replay':

1) the nose cone position deployment simulation does not play
2) 'Start motor' does not enact
3) propeller movement and engine sounds are not simulated
4) Throttle has no control
5) Gear lights do not simulate (4 greens)

In fact it flies in replay (and therefore on the lesson) as if it were being aero- towed or winch launched.

With advances in batteries, electric motors, and gas engines, the future of soaring will probably have a lot more motor-assisted gliders in it. I imagine, in the future, that 'motor glider' will be added as a Start Option in NOTAM set-up.

Thank you for all your amazing work on Condor,

pandem

JShieck

Post by JShieck » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Selflaunch can't be an option in NOTAM because gliders without engine couldn't start then.
E.g. the EBB29 and Stremme can do selflaunch but JS1 couldn't fly...