Stemme S12

Moderators: Uros, OXO, BenFest

Bre901

Re: Stemme S12

Post by Bre901 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:21 am

wadjet wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:16 am
Thats why I am looking forward to the day when I am able to operate each and every switch and control in Stemme S-12 as in the real life. Until then it is rather arcade gaming than the serious simulation for me.
What part of "Condor, The Complete Soaring Simulator" don't you understand ? :wink:
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

wadjet

Post by wadjet » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:41 am

I am affraid, I do not understand at all.

S-12 is not marketed for competition soaring, it is not pure glider as well.
So there is a question: When you, despite the fact it does not fit to Competition and just partly fits to Soaring cathegory, decide to make it a part of the Condor 2 fleet, why don`t you fullfil at least Complete and Simulation commitments. Or in case if it is not possible, why don`t you pick and model some other saiplane instead?

Please, try to answer in very plane language. I am not smart enough to understand brilliant ideas of gifted people. Many thanks in advance.

Enjoy your day
I`d rather be the last who finished a task than the first who crashed.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:40 pm

wadjet wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:16 am
In top configuration with full glass cockpit, electric trimmer and autopilot it fullfils definition of complex aircraft (glass cockpit, retractable gear, variable pitch propeller). So it is not just motorized glider as for example DG-808c or ultralight motorized glider as Pipistrel Taurus.
The Glass cockpit version is called the S12G, not S12 that Condor simulates. As in every glider, the pilot can have the cockpit instruments the way they like it. Off factory or done himself.

Motor instruments is simulated so Condor pilots can fly it. Instrumentation and lights are simulated as close as possible. Temperature, RPM, etc. Trim handle is not simulated in any Condor glider, so also not in this one. In Condor you can use the trim with buttons already. And for normal glider on an axis.

Condor is about soaring. Not about sitting in your cockpit pushing buttons. Soaring is about looking outside the cockpit. It all is VFR. The Stemme was simulated in other sims, but those didn't have soaring conditions at all.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:42 pm

wadjet wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:41 am
I am affraid, I do not understand at all.

S-12 is not marketed for competition soaring, it is not pure glider as well.
Marketing is lying to stupid customers. Only to boost sales...
wadjet wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:41 am
So there is a question: When you, despite the fact it does not fit to Competition and just partly fits to Soaring cathegory, decide to make it a part of the Condor 2 fleet, why don`t you fullfil at least Complete and Simulation commitments. Or in case if it is not possible, why don`t you pick and model some other saiplane instead?

Please, try to answer in very plane language. I am not smart enough to understand brilliant ideas of gifted people. Many thanks in advance.

Enjoy your day
The Stemme has handicap in the German DAeC Handicap list and the USA SSA Handicap list. Any idea what Handicapping means? It is used in COMPETITIONS to equalize glider performance... The STEMME is an Open Class glider.

Condor doesn't simulate power buttons etc. Most pilots would call it a bug if all instruments failed when they pushed a button. Condor also doesn't simulate taking a drink. Condor is all about glider performance and accurate handling in it's flight envelope. And handling in simulated soaring weather. Condor is a Soaring Simulator.

And I am truly sorry that you have a low IQ. Must be hard...
I hope you understand my lines. I'm not a native American, so I have difficulties with my English... Sorry.
Last edited by EDB on Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soaruk

Post by soaruk » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:02 pm

'The Stemme has handicap in the German DAeC Handicap list and the USA SSA Handicap list. Any idea what Handicapping means? It is used in COMPETITIONS to equalize glider performance... The STEMME is an Open Class glider.'

No need to rush out and buy a JS5 or EB29R then to win the next Worlds, I can stick to my Skylark 3...........

wadjet

Post by wadjet » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:52 pm

"The Stemme was simulated in other sims, but those didn't have soaring conditions at all"

You said it right Mr. De Bruin.

No simulators up to date, and I must say including Condor 2, were able to offer hand on experience of all Stemme S10/S12 capabilities and potential.

The Stemme is designed and built the way it is and the only way to state, I know how it feels like flying Stemme sailplane, remains to fly real one with both "personalities (sailplane and LSA)" it combines.

For me it is truly sad news. But apparently I am the only one.

Have a wonderful day
I`d rather be the last who finished a task than the first who crashed.

Fabry

Post by Fabry » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:17 pm

I have zero interest in Motorize glider in Condor where I can always find a way to get a glider airborne, tow, winch, airborne spawn, Q key, it's nice to have the S12 modeled to see how it does compared to other gliders but I won't buy it.
Please do not ask Condor Developers to spend any more time for engine simulations, Soaring must be the Condor's Core business.

I'n real life I'm a glider pilot/CFI first but I also spent my own money to learn all ratings needed to serve as tow pilot and I do that periodically for free, tow airplanes and tow pilot are getting harder to find, soon soaring will requires motorized gliders only and an engine will be a necessary burden but for now let's use a rope....
Fabry
FDS
ASW-19 N80SF

JShieck

Post by JShieck » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:10 pm

cvvs wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:18 pm
Next time I would like a girl glider pilot. :D :D
+1

Would be nice to be able to choose in settings whether pilot and/or copilot are female or male.

Please make this in the next update.
Would be nice for all the gliding girls. :wink:
(And for the men too :lol:)

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:16 pm

We would have to rewrite how we do the animation, and then rebuild all the planes so far.

It's not going to happen.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Sprunga

Post by Sprunga » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:26 pm

Wow! Interesting comments.

I was really surprised and very pleased to see the news about the S12 being released.

Thank you to the developers for their work. I am assuming (probably correctly) there had to be a lot of changes made to the simulator to support the S12. I’m impressed with the simulation of the aircraft.

I don’t think Condor is moving away for soaring as it’s core, I think it’s actually becoming much more relevant to soaring today.

Nearly forgot - great animation of the gear being retracted/extended.

cvvs

Post by cvvs » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:41 pm

We cannot ignore the reality of our hobby which is gliding.
I find that Condor and all of its wonderful team responds very well to the diverse demand of the vast majority of Condor users.
In real life there are motor gliders, with which we do very good flight. The stemme have one.
Most of our French clubs, (in the rest of the world I don't know), are mostly used, or still use SF28, SF25, Dimona, to make students fly when the weather does not allow long distances in pure glider.
For the detail part of getting started in Condor of the engine, for me it is not important to carry out a whole long procedures. It is to fly with machines so the reality of gliding is close to what I find in reality.
If I want to practice engine procedures then I go to P3D, or FS and there I practice my procedures, however I do some bad gliding.
To all the Condor teams and these many volunteers to continue like this for the pure pleasure of the practice of gliding.

Thank you

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:03 am

The Stemme S12 allows for quite interesting wave flights IRL
https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/g ... Id=8212881
https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/g ... Id=8212866

Edit: the S10 too :wink:
https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/g ... Id=8212871

and some more some days earlier
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:08 pm

When I saw 'Wave flight' and 'Stemme' I wondered whether any of them would be a flight by Klaus. He really has a lot of knowledge. I had the pleasure of flying from Serres for a week on an expedition with my UK club. His knowledge of the Alps was incredible in the daily briefings. He happened to pop down to the Pyrenees to fly his Stemme whilst I was there too.

Oh how I miss flying in the Alps and I was only there a week!
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

congo

Post by congo » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:19 am

Hi,

I don't know if this can be fixed or not.
0_S12_Yellowbird.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wickid

Post by wickid » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:41 am

Yep. Will fix that tomorrow and ask OXO to include it in 2.1.5
PH-1504, KOE