Breguet 901

3740_112.jpg

Olympia

1768184.jpg

Moswey III

1886455.jpg

Air100

jpg_air_100_no1_a_angers_marce.jpg

I won't accept a longer list. But its possible to exchange those in the list for others... but you will have to be very convincing :)

I am assuming that performance data and flight manuals are available for each of these of course. If not, then we will not make it.
Any update on this, is anyone working on any glider on this list? do anyone have reliable data and manuals for any?
Fabry
FDS
ASW-19 N80SF

soaruk

Re: Vintage gliders on Condor

Post by soaruk » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:41 am

Olympia wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:11 pm
V tails were never popular on vintage gliders, and you never see them on glass ones. The only V tail I ever flew was the prototype BG135 Gypsy (an all metal ship) and it nearly killed me. I was asked to test fly it with the CG set well aft because I had long legs and wold be sitting well back in the cockpit. Towed up to 3000ft to check spin recovery. Two to the right, and it recovered, but the spin to the left did not stop as the standard drill (and other recovery drills) was just not working. I was losing height rapidly and at 1500 ft I prepared to bale out. I undid my straps, and leaned forward to release the canopy, whereupon the spinning stopped. Pulled out of the dive, did up my straps, and headed for home. The designers were present at this display and I think they realised that the max. aft CG needed to be moved forward a bit ! I don't think the BG 135 went into series production though I have met other folk who flew it.

I'd go with the Skylarks any of them 1,2 or 3, but the 4 was my favourite - a real Rolls Royce of a glider.
Just seen this and what a load of poppycock, typical old UK duffer baroom talk. Any glider will be difficult to recover from a spin if you are stupid enough to have the CG too far aft. The BG135 was produced in small numbers, about 7-8, latterly called the YS-55 when production was transferred to Yorkshire Sailplanes, then was developed into the SD-3 when production was passed onto Swales. I owned one and had no difficulties with recovery from a spin, same with an SHK and Super HP18 I owned, all V-tail. As for your assertion that you never see V tails on glass gliders and they where never popular on vintage gliders - pure b/s - Salto, Edelweiss, AN-66, prototype Cirrus etc. etc. not to say all the wood and metal types that are still flying all over the world for years with a V-tail - HKS 1- 3, Fauvette, Choucas, Std Austria, SB-5, KA1, KA3, Antonov A-15, KAI 14, HP-8 through to HP18, Sisu 1A, Prue215, Elfe, to name but a few. Maybe you ought to increase your knowledge a bit, before making half-baked comments, it is woefully poor.
Last edited by soaruk on Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:52 pm

I dont know if this will work for non-facebook people..

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5FF1234B
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

sisu1a

Post by sisu1a » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:14 pm

soaruk wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:41 am
Olympia wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:11 pm
V tails were never popular on vintage gliders, and you never see them on glass ones. The only V tail I ever flew was the prototype BG135 Gypsy (an all metal ship) and it nearly killed me. I was asked to test fly it with the CG set well aft because I had long legs and wold be sitting well back in the cockpit. Towed up to 3000ft to check spin recovery. Two to the right, and it recovered, but the spin to the left did not stop as the standard drill (and other recovery drills) was just not working. I was losing height rapidly and at 1500 ft I prepared to bale out. I undid my straps, and leaned forward to release the canopy, whereupon the spinning stopped. Pulled out of the dive, did up my straps, and headed for home. The designers were present at this display and I think they realised that the max. aft CG needed to be moved forward a bit ! I don't think the BG 135 went into series production though I have met other folk who flew it.

I'd go with the Skylarks any of them 1,2 or 3, but the 4 was my favourite - a real Rolls Royce of a glider.
Just seen this and what a load of poppycock, typical old UK duffer baroom talk. Any glider will be difficult to recover from a spin if you are stupid enough to have the CG too far aft. The BG135 was produced in small numbers, about 7-8, latterly called the YS-55 when production was transferred to Yorkshire Sailplanes, then was developed into the SD-3 when production was passed onto Swales. I owned one and had no difficulties with recovery from a spin, same with an SHK and Super HP18 I owned, all V-tail. As for your assertion that you never see V tails on glass gliders and they where never popular on vintage gliders - pure b/s - Salto, Edelweiss, AN-66, prototype Cirrus etc. etc. not to say all the wood and metal types that are still flying all over the world for years with a V-tail - HKS 1- 3, Fauvette, Choucas, Std Austria, SB-5, KA1, KA3, Antonov A-15, KAI 14, HP-8 through to HP18, Sisu 1A, Prue215, Elfe, to name but a few. Maybe you ought to increase your knowledge a bit, before making half-baked comments, it is woefully poor.

I have a few hundred hours in a Sisu and it was a lovely ship to fly. (used to own sn101, Derujinski's old ship.. sold and finally being restored after being totaled in a storm). If you didn't look at the tail before getting into the ship and flying it there was literally nothing that would indicate anything was different in terms of flight characteristics... felt like any modern ship with a T or t tail.

Used to routinely fly limited acro and practice spins and it would enter/exit them very cleanly and crisp and it was possible to come out of a spin within 10deg of a predetermined heading (spot spinning? :p). Assembly was a non issue because nothing broke continuity of the controls you just folded them from stowed to flying position and you're off to the races. HP ships you had to be careful not to over-rotate the tailfeathers when unfolding or the ruddervator would partially disengage, which led to some accidents but that's not an incitement of v-tails so much as poor assembly/preflight habits.

Post by 6266 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:00 pm

OXO wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:52 pm
I dont know if this will work for non-facebook people..

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5FF1234B
Very nice all skins. I like most the classic one (OO-ZNM)
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

T.Williamson

Post by T.Williamson » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:25 pm

Hi All, i personally would like to see the Olympia 2b. If it does make it into the works at some point i should be able to supply whatever information is required as i own one currently and can get info from the Vintage glider club if required. My particular glider is number 101 built in 1956 and first resided at Camphill and was known as Speedwell 2. It also has the K8 type canopy on it which should make it a little easier to model i guess. Give me a shout if anyone wants info/pictures.

Happy flying, Tim W
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:32 pm

+1 for the Olympia.

That's a nice Oly Tim. Here is a pic of one I flew in 1966 at the RAF Mendips Gliding club based at Weston-Super-Mare airfield.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Condor CN = E20

DanD

Post by DanD » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:49 am

Hello OXO/Chris: Your Dec 6th link gives me "URL signature expired" - I have FB.

wickid

Post by wickid » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:50 am

DanD wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:49 am
Hello OXO/Chris: Your Dec 6th link gives me "URL signature expired" - I have FB.
It was a link to this post:

https://www.facebook.com/41317533370/po ... 794338371/
PH-1504, KOE

sisu1a

Post by sisu1a » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:09 pm

fly_kc

Post by fly_kc » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:03 pm

Can this model be converted to Condor?

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... 3%B6nadler

wickid

Post by wickid » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:06 pm

fly_kc wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:03 pm
Can this model be converted to Condor?

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... 3%B6nadler
I looked at it. Maybe, with a lot of work... But I think you would just as much work redoing it properly as it is converting that model.

The problem is that it has many vertices, but they are in the wrong places. You want to use the vertices to make corners look round. This model has very coarse rounded parts. Those would all have to be fixed. Also sketchup is not suitable to model planes for Condor. Use Blender.
PH-1504, KOE