Pilatus B4

Moderators: Uros, OXO, BenFest

cvvs

Pilatus B4

Post by cvvs » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:36 pm

A request has been made by ........ secret, and the Pilatus B4 has started.

OXO
Condor Team

Re: Pilatus B4

Post by OXO » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:13 am

Fuselage to Fin should be smooth, and canopy to nose doesn't look quite right.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... D-3993.jpg
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:44 am

OXO wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:13 am
Fuselage to Fin should be smooth, and canopy to nose doesn't look quite right.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... D-3993.jpg
It looks like there is more shape in the canopy in the pic of the glider you show. The shape is focused above where the pilots head would be. The apex of the curve needs to be positioned further back.

As it is work in progress good work and I look forward to flying it if it ever gets released :D
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:36 pm

Paul_UK wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:44 am
As it is work in progress good work and I look forward to flying it if it ever gets released :D

Oh, I am certain it will be released because:-
A request has been made by ........ secret
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

2P

Post by 2P » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:44 pm

Ohh cool a Pilatus PC-11 B4 :wink: Not bad. WIP status of course. As OXO says, the canopy still needs some adjustments, or the rudder and wings are not quite correct yet. I'm already looking forward to it. But I wonder in which class she will be placed? Acro or Club?
Patrick Portmann 2P

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:29 pm

I have flown that 'heavily armored tank'... 8)

Will you also deliver the sounds the wings made when on winch launch..? (Plop, Plop, Plop...) :lol:
And the pain in your butt and legs from controlling the rudder..! :mrgreen:
And will you provide the fitness training to be able to control the spoilers..? :lol: :lol:

I'm proud I have flown one...

Your tail isn't correct as OXO stated.
I uploaded some info to DropBox : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xbcmhekee0af ... uQFaa?dl=0

The rudder pedals in the brochure are different from the version I flew. The version I flew had a rod with a pivot-point in the center. So you had to place your toes on the rod and lift your heels to be able to apply rudder... like in basic propeller planes. The only problem with this system is that your seating position in the B4 glider is way different then your seating position in a propeller plane.

cvvs

Post by cvvs » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:23 pm

Thank you for your comments and the beautiful detailed documentation made available.
This is taken into account and my friend Jason, a genius modeler, will review the design.
In the meantime I provide you with the last 4 image of the painting which is really very beautiful, while waiting for the changes, Oxo we forgot the SF28 .... hihihi :lol: :lol: :lol:

rohr3dsolutions

Post by rohr3dsolutions » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:46 pm

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and am happy to see the interest in bringing the Pilatus B4 into the Condor 2 library. I will also add some pics as updates come forward. Thank you all for you input and I will take it with open arms.

Attached is a more recent work in progress, I agree the canopy had some problems (better now but would like more comments if it isn't looking proper), the wing join and tail joins were softened a little more. The more info I get with reference pics to move forward creating this model the more accurate it will be.

The best part of working on these types of projects is closing in on what people would like. So additional info is always helpful, you can also pass directly on to Pascal and he will make sure I get the info as well and he has been key in working with me on his own personal design of the SF-28 which I hope Condor 2 has a release for before too long.

I have given the wing 8 degrees of washout, if that is inaccurate please send a note. Additionally this is an ideal time early in the design phase for those to offer up good interior pics since I don't have many good ones to work with and gauge preferences along with paint scheme requests.

Thanks,
Jason
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:53 pm

Brochure-3-tail.jpg
The tail has fluid lines. It is not a small vertical stabilizer on top of a round fuselage. The vertical stabilizer is almost as thick as the fuselage. Your vertical stabilizer is too thin. And the rudder is one surface. There is no thickening in the line of the fuselage.

The fuselage of the B4 is elliptical at the end. It is not round.
B4_V5_2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by EDB on Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

cvvs

Post by cvvs » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:55 pm

I would add because Jason is a very humble person, but a genius modeler, having a very impressive attention to detail.

Just have a look at his site and these many very realistic models to realize his art that he masters very very well ................
https://www.rohr3dsolutions.com/store

EDB

Post by EDB » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:01 pm

This is the glider I flew. I'm trying to find higher res images, but can't find them yet... :(
04-B4-387.JPG
04-B4-387-CP.jpg

rohr3dsolutions

Post by rohr3dsolutions » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:06 pm

Thanks EDB for the info, attached are some quick fix items which will need some massaging. And thank you Pascal for the kind notes!

EDB

Post by EDB » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:10 pm

That's better..! :D

I cropped this pic. Obsolete now...
Brochure-6-tail.jpg

rohr3dsolutions

Post by rohr3dsolutions » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:13 pm

This is very helpful, thank you!

EDB

Post by EDB » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:17 pm

B4_V5_Tail Fix_3.png
I never saw this section like you made it. Where did you see that?