Modifying Condor Gauges - Basic Tutorial

Moderators: Uros, OXO, BenFest

Paul_UK

Re: Modifying Condor Gauges - Basic Tutorial

Post by Paul_UK » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:05 pm

Does anyone have an explanation of what the a, b and c parameters do?

What I do know is that altering them results in some very peculiar results. You can end up with an ASI that goes around the clock twice and your wings still haven't fallen off :lol:

So I know they alter the movement of the needles but I've just no idea how it ties in?

In short, best to not alter these :oops:
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

wickid

Post by wickid » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:07 am

AFAIK the needle isn't linear. These are the values that govern the non linearity of the needle. How exactly this works, no idea.
PH-1504, KOE

congo

Post by congo » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:29 am

Thank you wickid :)

I've updated my tutorial on the previous page with the new information.

Some more screenshots of possibilities:

Gauge artwork and panel artwork is included here as well as the .gau file alterations.

On the Pilatus panel screenshot, you can see the mounting screws for the gauges casting a shadow onto the
panel. This helps with X-axis placement if you don't have a VR headset. The depth or separation of the shadows
from the panel roughly indicates the distance that the gauge protrudes from the panel.

Overlay the .gau file in-game using alt+tab or windows key as shown, while working on the panels.

Changes to the .gau files and artwork will show up on the NEXT flight you start from the main menu in Condor.

DG1000S
fffgoji.jpg

Pilatus B4
drfaghk.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.