Force Feedback

Moderators: Uros, OXO, BenFest

johngfoster

Force Feedback

Post by johngfoster » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:59 am

I know that Condor2 provides support for using the Microsoft Force Feedback joystick, which is great. However, it seems (and I may be wrong here), that it is a generic force feedback that applies to any glider in the simulator. Is it possible to program in specific force feedback settings for individual gliders? The reason why I bring this up, is we now have at least two gliders with all-flying elevators (Std Cirrus and ASW-15). Typically the stick forces on the elevator are really light as a result of this, and I am wondering if it is possible to have this as part of the specific characteristics of these two gliders--almost no force feedback on the elevator, but normal (or otherwise appropriate) on the ailerons. I imagine it could be a significant amount of work to do this, but I don't know. It would be nice though, for those of us who fly all-flying tail gliders in real life. Just wondering.

johngfoster

Re: Force Feedback

Post by johngfoster » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:02 am

Anyone?

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:14 am

Added to the growing list for Condor 3. Thanks !
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

2P

Post by 2P » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:57 pm

That sounds good :wink:
Since I extended my MS Sidewinder FFB2 joystick, it feels too weak because of the longer lever arm. A possibility to adjust the force feedback (if possible related to the different glider types) would of course be awesome. In my case it should generally be stronger.
I also have an FFB2 stick with a modification of the current limiting resistor. This doubles the force feedback. But that's too strong again :roll: and I should be able to adjust it to a weaker level for Condor.
Patrick Portmann 2P

johngfoster

Post by johngfoster » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:50 am

OXO wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:14 am
Added to the growing list for Condor 3. Thanks !
Thanks.