3D Object Phyiscal size?

Moderators: Uros, OXO

KipperUK

3D Object Phyiscal size?

Post by KipperUK » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:40 pm

Has anyone got any data or done any testing on what the best size for 3D objects is?

We modelled a small town as a single file containing a single mesh with one single texture for the lot - and saw a significant frame rate drop. Not unflyable, but that would largely depend on computer specs I guess.

The area was about 4km x 2km - so that must have been the cause - is there a size that strikes the balance between ease of placement and performance?

wickid

Re: 3D Object Phyiscal size?

Post by wickid » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:41 pm

PH-1504, KOE

KipperUK

Post by KipperUK » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:35 pm

Followed the advice in that thread - one single object inside the C3D file, check. One texture, check.

Frame rate still suffers.

Maybe merge the threads, but an answer is still no closer.

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:04 pm

I think that the Australian sceneries have taken the OSM based building creation to a new level, virtually every building modelled. But this has created its own problems with long load times from the flight planner and some effect on FPS rate (depending on your graphics card).

Other sims i.e. Aerosoft FS2, X-Plane 11 and the new MSFS2020 all have object creation built into the core sim code and therefore work very well with extreme objects. Unfortunately we are limited by what we can achieve within Condor but depends on what the end user wants , a competition simulator or a realistic world. However I do agree that the screen shots from these simulators look awesome.

Attached are one screenshot from Aerosoft (Thirsk,Yorkshire) and X-Plane (Alton and Lasham, Hampshire):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Condor CN = E20