Is there a way to add a grass airfield and tow plane to pre-existing Landscapes?

Moderators: Uros, OXO

wtfhands

Is there a way to add a grass airfield and tow plane to pre-existing Landscapes?

Post by wtfhands » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:06 am

Hello, I am new to Condor 2 and I love it so far. I grabbed the 1-26 and LS4 and have been having a blast. I would like to know if it is possible to add a simple grass airstrip and make it a select-able "airport" that can summon a tow plane.

The Landscape scenery I am using is this New England scenery, really nice:

https://www.condor-club.eu/viewscenery/0/?id=384

It is lacking a lot of airports and airfields in Massachusetts and I noticed that the two airfields I would like to use in particular, 3MA5 and Allen's Pond show up as "Tasks", little yellow dots that can be used in a flight-plan, I would like to put a grass airfield where these "Tasks" are and be able to take off from there. I am really new to this simulator and, it would awesome if this is possible somehow but I have no clue. I looked through the Condor airport documentation but honestly, it did not help me find an answer.

Maybe an easy answer is to spawn at specific coordinates but again I have no idea how it works with Condor.

If I posted this in the wrong section, I apologize, Thanks for any information on this!
Last edited by wtfhands on Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dgtfer

Re: Is there a way to add a grass airfield and two plane to pre-existing Landscapes?

Post by dgtfer » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:39 pm

You have to use Landscape Editor. this will be a New Landscape, not compatible for online flights
Last edited by dgtfer on Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wtfhands

Re: Is there a way to add a grass airfield and two plane to pre-existing Landscapes?

Post by wtfhands » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:52 pm

Well, I just spent an hour trying to make heads or tails of the Landscape Editor and came up empty. I think I just need to admit I'm not technically proficient enough to do this unfortunately. I was hoping to be able to just add a start point or something simple like that. Thanks for the info.

dgtfer

Re: Is there a way to add a grass airfield and tow plane to pre-existing Landscapes?

Post by dgtfer » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:20 pm

Adding an airfield is realy simple. Just have a look to JBR guide for scenery creation.

wtfhands

Re: Is there a way to add a grass airfield and tow plane to pre-existing Landscapes?

Post by wtfhands » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:36 pm

dgtfer wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:20 pm
Just have a look to JBR guide for scenery creation.

http://www.condorsoaring.com/wp-content ... _en_10.pdf This one?

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:55 pm

No this is Xavier's guide for airports création, it is about 3d modelling of the various objects . But you need first to know how to use Landscape Editor. You must read the Condor Landscape Guide, written by JBR.

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:32 pm

Mainpage, Support, Downloads, landscapeguide
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys