Location landscape objects

Moderators: Uros, OXO

paul.de.block

Location landscape objects

Post by paul.de.block » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Hello,

I'm building the village next to the airfield where I'm soaring. So I place houses, churches, industrial buildings etc. Then I make a backup of the entire landscape to save the modifications, which seems to me, a little bit overdone. Is there a file that stores the location of the objects? In other words, which file should I back up, to preserve my changes, in stead of copying the whole landscape?

Kind regards

Xavier

Re: Location landscape objects

Post by Xavier » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi Paul,

1/ You must work on a copy of the scenery and not on the original, because any modification unable you to play in multiplayer mode.

2/ If you make a village or a hamlet have a look there: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=19274

3/ Try to build modular building and have a look there: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=19234

4/ For little houses or big buildings start with something like that (The module is 2 WU that is 2 meters):

Basic modular House..JPG

with a basic texture like that to multiply the surface and high dimensions easily of the buildings.

MA0.jpg

and you can get these kinds of buildings with only one texture:

Shot712.jpg

Note that the basic texture is not the final texture and note that you can change and modify each textures per buildings before grouping the buildings in one object like in the hamlet technique.

5/ Objects are in the .obj file of the scenery. In the forum you can find some soft to open and merge different obj files, but it is not very useful.

In my opinion, the techniques described here are one of the fair ways to avoid a great drop of the FPS.
With more than 16 buildings the FPS are over 253 with a GTX 750 Ti.

Good continuation!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*****- Xavier - (XDL - VR FAN) *****

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:54 pm

It's the %LandscapeName%.obj file.

It can be changed. Even for online flights.

paul.de.block

Post by paul.de.block » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:10 am

Thx to you both.

Paul