New Custom Airport

Moderators: Uros, OXO

gsurfdude

New Custom Airport

Post by gsurfdude » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:32 pm

Hello there,

I downloaded the Florida scenery from Condor Club. Even though it lacks in 3D, like trees, bushes etc. It was missing my home soaring club's airfield. And, I modified one that is there from following along with 24Tom's video (which is very good BTW). Now, once completed and then use the Condor Object Editor to save as a C3D file. In my Condor 2 folder structure I have Condor 2 -> Landscapes -> Airports -> Florida 2 -> Airports etc...

There's no C3D files in that folder. Only in the template (or Layouts whatever it is) folder under the Florida2, contains only dds files. So, when I place my C3D in the Florida2 Airport folder, it doesn't show up when I select the Florida2 scenery. I followed 24Tom's exactly and mine don't show up. What did I do wrong. I don't have advanced knowledge of the inner workings of the software.

Thanks in Advanced.

Gsurf

wickid

Re: New Custom Airport

Post by wickid » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Did you read the manual that comes with the scenery toolkit? It will explain how to add an airport to a scenery.
PH-1504, KOE

dgtfer

Re: New Custom Airport

Post by dgtfer » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:16 am

gsurfdude wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:32 pm
Hello there,

I downloaded the Florida scenery from Condor Club. Even though it lacks in 3D, like trees, bushes etc. It was missing my home soaring club's airfield. And, I modified one that is there from following along with 24Tom's video (which is very good BTW). Now, once completed and then use the Condor Object Editor to save as a C3D file. In my Condor 2 folder structure I have Condor 2 -> Landscapes -> Airports -> Florida 2 -> Airports etc...

There's no C3D files in that folder. Only in the template (or Layouts whatever it is) folder under the Florida2, contains only dds files. So, when I place my C3D in the Florida2 Airport folder, it doesn't show up when I select the Florida2 scenery. I followed 24Tom's exactly and mine don't show up. What did I do wrong. I don't have advanced knowledge of the inner workings of the software.

Thanks in Advanced.

Gsurf
C3d O & G files must be directly in Condor 2 -> Landscapes -> Florida 2 -> Airports folder, and if the airport is not already in the scenery you must create it with Landscapes Editor.
It will modify your scenery, and it will not be compatible with the previous version for online flights.