error positioning airport

Moderators: Uros, OXO

mebarg

error positioning airport

Post by mebarg » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:35 pm

i have an error when i poition an airport it alings with the runway but not with the texture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jan Oorthuijsen

Re: error positioning airport

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Turn the runway 1 or 2 degrees clockwise in the landscape editor, unfortunately smaller steps are not yet possible.
Then move the runway down a little by adjusting the coordinates. This is done in small steps and ask for some patience.
After that you can make the runway longer until it fits better on the textures in the longitudinal direction, this gives more runway length to take off.
It will usually not fit exactly.

Hope this helps you
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:07 pm

You have to remember that airport runways orientations (QFU) that you find in the official documentation are relative to magnetic North, not geographic.

You will have correct for the local declination (be careful to use recent data as it is shifting rather fast : in the 70-80's I used to fly at Grenoble-Le Versoud LFLG, where the runways were marked 05-23, they are now 04-22)
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:44 pm

There is also a small difference between Condor North and the real one, it's due to UTM projection, and it's more important if you are far from the central meridian of the scenery.

mebarg

Post by mebarg » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:09 pm

thanks i will try