Airfield Team

Moderators: Uros, OXO

Andy1248

Re: Airfield Team

Post by Andy1248 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:16 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Andy1248 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Condor CN = E20

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:30 pm

Hi I can not open the Scenery files with 7-Zip
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:47 pm

The landscape install files on the FTP server are a a copy of my West-UK2 scenery also to found on my Google drive.

The 7zip files are an archive which requires you using the 7zip software to select and extract file .001 only. 7zip will then extract the entire scenery into a folder.

West-UK2 is an extended version of West-UK which currently is on Condor Club. The extension is to the east is as far as Dunstable. The Airfield Team's task is to model the airfields of this scenery for inclusion into the final release of the scenery.

With OXO approval we are also using the FTP server to share airfield models of the Netherland airfields which I will add to the Netherlands scenery and release as an upgrade patch on Condor Club.
Condor CN = E20

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Hi Andy,

Have looked at some Wings 3D objects.
You can delete the bottom faces (make hole)
The advantage is that you get more space in the UV folder, you can then scale the other faces a bit, making the texture resolution better.
Do you make the edges of objects hard? when I look at the images here, it looks like there are dark parts on the faces.

What do you want me to do, a complete Airport or one by one the buildings.

Please indicate which airport I should take on the spreadsheet.

If you want me to do the Grass, Grasspaint, Asphalt,and AsphaltPaint, I need more info and deliver Wavefront.obj O and G files.

Jan
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys

danpal

Post by danpal » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:19 pm

Avec 3DS max/With 3DS max :mrgreen:

Avec Landscape/With landscape :D

Pourquoi ces couleur très différentes,Why these very different colors :D :mrgreen: :roll: :?:

VH-EEE

Post by VH-EEE » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:11 am

I could possibly help with Australian sceneries . even just photos of airfields.
I havent used blender(willing to learn) . i have it and a lot of tutorial vids on my computer
I have completed 70 airports for default xp11 with WED airport designer . basically just placement of objects with xp11 specific objects.

staslos

Post by staslos » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:47 am

I found this old post about using Google SketchUp viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16466
I think it's still relevant and provides a good way to quickly build hangars and buildings.
Am I missing something?

jlalzir

Post by jlalzir » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:04 am

Hi,
Is it still possible to join the airfield team ?

michaeljc13

Post by michaeljc13 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:57 pm

Whats the latest news re uk sceneries ?

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:16 pm

I may do some work on West UK2 because of the help received from UK and French Condor users. It is looking OK with trees, water, objects and accurate thermal map. Thanks to Xavier Nympsfield looks very accurate. I may make an updated beta version available soon.

As for any other sceneries - very unlikely I seem to have lost my enthusiam for it.

Perhaps we need someone else to step up and make UK sceneries.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Condor CN = E20

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Thanks Andy,

I just give you the general lay out of buildings, trying to get the right height of each buildings, while looking at some details of the photos !

I forgot to model the life-guards of the front metallic structure of the Club house and made no steps for the external stairs.

But your textures look very good. I assume that you use a snap image tools with the photos?

Did you find and erase the 2 bumps over the runway?

Regards
*****- Xavier - (XDL - VR FAN) *****

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:32 pm

I used textures from photos taken at Nympsfield (thanks to whoever it was). Used Photoshop to make the UV textures.

I can add the railings.

Not noticed any bumps, I will check.

Thanks for your help.
Condor CN = E20

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Now that I have completed the rework of the now named West-UK2 scenery and uploaded it to CC (May be a while before it is available), I have started to rework North-UK.

I know that 'KipperUK' has done some work on objects and trees for this scenery (Sutton Bank) and has access to the Airfield Team FTP.

If there is anyone else who are willing to contribute to objects and airfields in this scenery, perhaps some in the UK who would like to see their gliding site in nice detail in Condor. If you have 3d skills, or want to learn, all the better. Even the submission of photos of the objects/structures at your site will help in making it realistic.

If you wish to assist, please PM OXO for access to the 'Airfield Team' FTP.

Note - Not just restricted to UK scenery but a possible exchange facility for other developing sceneries. :D
Condor CN = E20

Rodolfo

Post by Rodolfo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:08 am

Hi,

I’m interested in contributing to the airfield team, but wonder what skills and software are needed for this. I am from Chile and could eventually contribute to improving some of the landscapes from this part of the world.

Looking forward!

Regards,
Rodolfo

Andreas.Schaedlich

Post by Andreas.Schaedlich » Fri May 12, 2023 4:07 pm

Hello Guys,

im currently creating a Landscape of South-Germany with UHD-Details. The Map ranges from top left Wuerzburg down to the austrian alps until Schladming (bottom right). Of course this non-commercial map will be published to the community on Condor-Club (if they let me ;) )

I'm actual in the final Stage of creating Airports and fill the map with live. For this i want to ask you if you have Objects (Obj, C3D, ...) for me which i may publish on this map e.g. WindTurbines, Electricity-Masts, Cars and Trailers, Sailplanes, Winches, ... )

When you would give me the permission for your work please pm me :)